Do you ever go into exile because you're embarrassed by how you look? I was reading on my friend's blog this week and it inspired me to document something that I would be embarrassed to let other people know but that I'm sure other people do. I have purposefully avoided people, errands, answering the door (ok, only once then when the knocking persisted, I answered it), video chat, and well lit rooms in the last week all because of my face. No, I don't think I have a horribly ugly face--sure there are things that bug me and things I would change if I could but not surgically--I'd never be too drastic but my skin, BROTHER! I would swap somebody else in a heartbeat. I grew up with sorta an unfair anomaly of peoples. The Reeds who lived across the street come from some insanely good skin genetics that they could probably sell to some invetro people for lots of money. Granted they moved away during the worst of puberty so I don't have 100% evidence that they never got any zits but I'm pretty sure they didn't...EVER...not one. Then there was Leah, who I think had one zit each month, maybe two if she was having an especially troubling time. Then my sister, my own stinky sister who had maybe like 5 a month. Alas, I have struggled forever. Wanna talk skin care? I don't know anybody who takes better care of their face. I have used or tried nearly every skin method known to man and though I feel like I pretty much have things under control, sometimes all the world breaks lose on my face. This is one of those weeks. 8 simultaneous doozies all over my face making every angle of my face vulnerable. That means noticeable/non coverable ones. 8. Eight. EIGHT!!
I started my aerobics class again this week and almost didn't go but I need to start exercising again plus I paid money for it so I had to go. But what to do? I'm not a put on make-up to exercise kind of girl but at least I had to attempt some cover up. What's worse a bad cover-up job or no cover-up at all? So my solution was to have ridiculous hair and outfit. I wore blue pants, red shirt that says, "Jamaica Me Happy" (like I was willing it to work magic on me), and a white hoodie. I told myself I was Wonder Woman. Then to make it even better, I put on a headband. A 4th of July headband of Chloe's with a big bow on top. It was ridiculous. It was distracting. It was perfect.
If you're thinking, "What, no picture?" then you're crazy but maybe writing about it is the first step. MAYBE, someday I can post pictures and then another million years after that I might even be able to laugh about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I feel your pain. My skin is awful and I know we've discussed this before. I am trying to get my hormones straightened out using the NAET method in hopes that my skin will follow suit. Look up NAET and it will explain itself. But I suck it up everyday and walk to school with no makeup on or anything. I figure since I can't see them, without a mirror, then it's okay! Maybe no else will either! :)
If you ever need a cave to hide in, we have a basement. :)
Did you see the new picture I put up for you?
Julie I will have you know that I have a zit right now. I do feel lucky to have gotten pretty good skin, but I can promise you I did not have a zit free life. I always seemed to get a huge zit when I needed to look my best. Take my wedding day. I had a zit on chest exactly where the neckline of my dress hit. It was horrible and huge.
Hello... I am surprised you didn't notice the enormous MOUNTAIN on my cheek!!! You can see it thousands of miles away!! I always get the horrible huge ones in the most obvious places that you really can't cover up without making it more obvious!! I mean really, we have annoying boobs, have to shave 3 majoy parts of our bodies, have periods, get pregnant, give birth, breast feed, (I could go on forever!) So why do we get the pleasure of yet another thing to deal with like ZITS!!!!! AHH I feel your pain! I am in hiding too..
Sorry....by the way you can't tell anything is awry on video chat.
And just for your info-the girl that works at that medical office down the hall from Mike's office had some issues and I was talking to her one day and she swears by the bare escentuals mineral makeup. I got some, and wasn't too impressed, but you might like it. A bit pricey but it lasts FOREVER. Too bad we aren't the same skin color or I would just give it to you.
If you can find it in Canada, go to a store where you can play with it before you buy. I should've done that. Ulta or Sephora, maybe?
P.S--At least you have eyebrows. THAT can prove challenging at times. I either look like a Cancer recovery patient or Chola. It's hard to find a good color match, too! Poor Emily has my brows.
I wonder if your crazy outfit attracted more attention than your huge pimples even would have. Not that I'm saying you had huge pimples. The dark video chat hides everything perfectly.
Good luck.
It's good to know that I wasn't the only one hibernating in a cave last week. I may have been blessed w/ the Reed skin but the I was cursed with the ample Gappmayer hips, thighs and butt to compensate.
It's good to see you emerging from the cave. We love you any way you come!
It's so great that you embraced it and wore such an awesome outfit. I keep thinking acne should be gone by my age (and aren't you the same age?) but I think I can count 4 whoppers on my face without even looking in the mirror! It's a bit ridiculous.
By the way, my baby was three weeks early and still breech, hence the c-section. Thanks for your empathy. I love hearing from others who really know what I'm talking about. They are awful!
Post a Comment