We went on a picnic at our favorite park. Chloe was so cute. She took the camera and just started taking a bunch of pictures. Of course we were encouraging her all over the place. She said that someday she is going to be a photographer. Here are a few of her good ones.
We also went to the zoo. I have to say after visiting the petting zoo with the kids, this ghetto zoo is actually growing on me. Maybe having a free poor people pass is helping with that. And hearing a kookaburra. It really does sound like how Captain Feathersword does it. (For all the Wiggles fans out there.) And their heads are way bigger than you think. Anyway, I digress...
I also got my mother-in-law to teach me how to make a pie pastry. For some reason it has always intimidated me. Maybe it was having shortening as an ingredient. I always would buy those frozen pie crusts. In the end it made me think like, "Duh, of course this is why people make their own pie crusts" because it was so easy and tasted delicious.
We decided in the end that we actually made "Pie Soup". I couldn't believe how wet it was. I decided to try and drain it a bit and the following day it was much better. I learned my lesson about using the cherry juice with the fruit though. Of course it didn't bother our kids at all.
So now all I need to do is get some apples and I'll be set to start fall.

2 comments:
Great pictures. I"m going to print up the one of Tati and the bench.That is such a beautiful park. We thought it was glorious with fall colors, but it is also beautiful with all the green. Floyd and Leora look great. I'm sure you all enjoyed their visit. -- Mom
Chloe ROCKS! Loved her pictures. Greg can only hope to be as good as her ;) but what's up with your camera? The bottom right corner is hazy. Hopefully it just got some finger prints on the lens or somethin'.
Post a Comment