Pages

August 23, 2009

Walk Like An Egyptian!

So I gotta say that sometimes Greg really does impress me. Here is a perfect example. So Chloe had to give a talk in Primary. No, Chloe doesn't know how to read a whole full on talk but I also hate just whispering sentence by sentence to her. The last time she gave a talk it was one of the factors in my Mommy Vacation so we came up with this idea last time she had to do a scripture for Primary and it worked so well that this time we went for it with her talk. When we have her do a talk, we basically spend a few days talking to her about the subject and asking her different questions, then we set aside some time to actually type it out as she tells it to me. Then I make a few edits or ask her some follow-up questions to get some answers that we're looking for. It usually turns out pretty good this way because it really is her work. I like Greg to be the one to help her at the microphone mostly because I'm always busy doing something else like telling a kid to please not kick the child in front of him/her and it is good bonding time for them. Anyway, click on this and take a look at this masterpiece. You'll have to compare the first few lines of words with the first few lines of the pictures.
We were all amazed at how awesome she did. It did take her quite a while though--probably the longest talk our ward has ever seen a kid give--but she didn't need any help or prompting. Did we revolutionize this whole thing or what?! Go Team!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That is simply amazing! We both think that is awesome!! :)

Marnie said...

What a revolutionary you are, or Greg rather. What were the rest of the primary kids doing during this crazy long talk?

Unknown said...

Impressed even more with Greg's creativity! Way to go, Chloe. -- Mom

Carlie said...

Excellent! We used to do that with Spencer and Hallie..ask questions and write it down so it was actually their words. Spencer memorized his, though, and Hallie needed help. Or maybe she just doesn't care about being the center of attention like he does!

Melanie said...

What a clever idea. This is why I love you Julie, All these idea's. Where do they come from?

Cyndi said...

That is such a great idea! I'm stealing it, okay?