5:30-Woke up to Stinka crying. Listened to her cry for a few minutes before she fell back asleep.
6:30-Woke up to Stinka crying again. Yea for Daddy getting up to get her some milk. Listen to her gulp, gulp as I drift off to sleep again.
6:45-Woke up to Stinka crying again. Yea for Daddy getting up to bring her to our bed. Had Stinka cozy up to me and drifted off to sleep again.
6:58-Woke up to Stinka crying again. Finally got up.
7:00-Started laundry! Woo-hoo for me. Even made a bucket of Oxyclean to soak some stained items.
7:30-Big sis gets up and comes downstairs dressed in an interesting outfit that she picked out herself.
7:30-8:00-Make breakfast for two girls, prepare snack for kindergarten, sweep AND get dressed.
8:00-Get Stinka's diaper changed, have her sit on the Dora toilet seat for a minute and congratulate her for a good effort, get her dressed and do her hair.
8:10-Do big sister's hair in a quick, not super cute style. I figure it matches her "interesting" outfit.
8:15-Realize it is quite cold outside and we need some gloves and hats out. Don't know where they are in our ultra "organized" basement*. Call for nice Daddy to help though maybe I didn't call so nicely.
8:20-Bundle up Stinka and put her in the baby backpack since she's having a stroller revolt. I sell out because I really want to exercise.
8:25-Try to figure out where I'm going to carry my water. Remember about my camelback and ask Daddy to find it in the basement.* Scarf down a banana and brush my teeth.
8:30-Finally leave the door. Walk to the tree and realize it is sunny and I forgot my sunglasses. Run back home to get sunglasses which were hiding in the bottom of the diaper bag INSIDE the sunglasses holder. Of course that's where they were.
8:32-Out the door again.
8:42-Get to school late. Walk Chloe to her classroom. Apologize to her for getting her to school late.
8:45-Leave the school and notice my walking partner has left thinking I'm not coming.
8:55-Arrive at walking partner's house and tell her I do want to exercise even if my back does already hurt from carrying around Stinka instead of pushing her in a stroller. I'm not giving up now.
8:57-Stare in disbelief as my friend tells me she figured I was running late because it was Picture Day at school.
8:58-Finally react to it being Picture Day. Wonder what kind of idiot makes Picture Day on a Monday.
8:59- Wonder what kind of idiot doesn't write "Picture Day" on the family calendar.
9:00-Leave on our walk.
9:55-My friend asks me where Stinka's boot and sock are.
9:55-I feel Stinka's poor ice cube foot and feel horrible. Also start to wonder how long it has been off and wonder why she is so happy with an ice foot.
9:56-Debate whether or not to rush home or go and look for the sock and cute pink Ugg boot that were bought on clearance at Target for child #1 in 2004 that she never wore because weather and shoe size never corresponded to each other.
9:57-Nice friend volunteers to walk back a bit and look for lost boot.
10:05-Arrive home and break in because I don't have my keys.
10:07-Take off the backpack and quickly busy myself rubbing the "pioneer" foot back to human body temperature.
10:10-Sit down to blog about morning and Stinka starts crying again.
10:11-Sadly realize that I'm one of the reasons that Picture Day retakes are scheduled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I can't wait to see Chloe's school picture. I'm sure this will be a family favorite story and photo.
Sounds just about normal to me. I love Stinka.
I actually DID remember picture day, AND Emily requested a hairdo. The retarded thing is, they want you choose a package and pre-pay before seeing the picture..I was nervous about her (would the hair stay, facial expression, overall cooperation with photographer, etc..) so I didn't get anything. When she brought the proof home, it was super cute. I was irritated.
And I want the picture you have on the main page of the blog so I can frame it and display it in my house. I think people wonder what my sista looks like. Can you e-mail it or something or will it get distorted? Do you have to put it on a disk? I don't know how these computer things work.
(That was my deleted comment..by accident, sorry)
I was going to add, how bad could the outfit be, really? Chloe has decent taste, she doesn't try to wear her bright blue soccer uniform with green Santa Claus knee socks and purple crocs like it's a "normal" outfit or anything...
Is it just me or is my wife the funniest thing ever in the history of the world? Good thing she has been given such a crazy life to keep her stocked with plenty of vitals for humor.
Being an elementary teacher... the are SOOO overpriced and unpredictable. Carlie - our company will always let you order after, even though it might be more trouble than it's worth. I bet Chloe looks ultra-cute anyway. I think I was in 8th grade before i looked decent in a school picture. LOOOVVEE the minute by minute play, felt like I was sharing your morning.
Oh and you're just one of the reasons for retakes... never fails that some mom goes all out to send an outfit to change in to, and some crazy instructions about what to do with hair, or bow, or whatever. I do try my best, but you have all of 20 seconds to help a poor kid, some (like me apparently) need more time.
I think in 3rd grade my mom was out of town and my sweet dad tried to curl my hair, enough said?
I had many days like that especially when Dad was gone to Antarctica. Now it's your turn. Looking forward to Chloe's picture. Sure to be classic like Carlie's bangs. Please, my precious #17' s nickname is Tots not Stinka. -- Mom
I can't believe that with all that was going on you had time to keep track of the time each thing occurred. You would make a good accountant, HA. Also I will need a picture of Chloe 3x5 for the grandchildren wall. Thanks. PS-I am glad you got Greg. What a kick the word verification for this entry is geser, ha.
Too funny, Julie! Man I miss hanging out with you. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
You is funny. Picture day-smicture day. Just crop in on that cute pic I took of Chloe.
So funny Julie. I love it. I never buy school pictures so I never pay attention to what Abby wears on picture day. Let's just say she's come home with some mighty cute proofs (said with all the sarcasm I can type).
I say you buy the pics and srapbook it with a printout of this blog post.
Julie I've just been scrolling through your blog ... Darling! You have THE cutest family! Your family's eyes! You all have the most gorgeous eyes! So happy to be in touch with you guys again!
Post a Comment