Pages

December 11, 2009

Snow Day!

We've been getting hit with lots of snow. It has been mostly fun and beautiful. It is getting a little cold though. Below zero just really isn't what my body is made for. I tried to take the stroller to pick up Chloe from the school the other day because I couldn't dig out the car and it was the longest, sweatiest (for me) ride ever. Then the ride home was full of the girls crying. So Daddy came to the rescue and picked us up a new sled. He tied a rope on it and wa-lah, I'm a husky dog.

Tati's least favorite thing is the snow on her face. I guess that was the only place she wasn't bundled up so we fixed that and put a scarf around her. She could barely see but she stopped crying. Chloe on the other hand just kept eating snow. I don't understand this fool. She never tires of eating the snow. She's like her Daddy.

Here's our fun, festive front window.


Snow Angel Time!

Here's our baby birdie making her first snow angel. It was so cute and fun. She didn't really get it even after watching Daddy and big sis do it. I'll put the video of her trying right after the pic.





Greg is so happy in the cold and when it is snowing. Sometimes it is a wonder we survive together. Me freezing, him melting. But when we have a snow day, you should see the energy and happiness that comes out. He had a lot of cold love to share.





That night as the snow kept falling, one of my favorite things happened, the lights in the backyard got covered in snow. I love that effect.
Sorta like a glowy snow cone.
I need to remember snow days like this when it is April or May and still freezing especially since I have such hilarious relatives who like to tell me it is so "freezing" where they live and it is like in the 50's. Yeah, but they're a little jealous right now. At least some of them. I bet you wish YOU had a glowy snow cone too!

5 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

We love how you guys find happy things to do even in the coldest weather. Surprised Tats could make such a good angel with all that clothing on. Grandma G.used to bundle up Paul and John so they could hardly move too and had to keep their arms way out on their sides so they looked like they were flying. One of them had a jacket that she lined with the fur of an old fur coat someone gave her.

Marnie said...

Cute family pictures! Your girls are so cute all bundled up in their winter gear. I showed Penny the little video of Tati making her snow angel so maybe she'll know what to do when we visit Utah at Christmastime.

I'm sorry if I've ever said we were freezing.

Rebecca said...

I do! (want a snowcone) I love them!! Although I prefer the kind that come in the heat of summer.

Teresa said...

SO FUN AND SO JEALOUS!!! I would LOVE to come play in the snow, especially with you guys!! I'm like Greg though, the snow gets me all excited and I love playing in it! Tati is adorable trying to figure out the whole snow angel thing :) WE MISS YOU GUYS!!

Samber said...

Did you mean "voila"? I'm going to pretend that you wrote "voila". Nice glowy snow cone pic!!