Pages

January 30, 2010

Training Mtg.

Note to people putting on a meeting at church.

Please do not go over time.

Because:
  • I've been around little kids too much and I can't last as long as I used to with just sitting there and listening.
  • I'm hungry.
  • I only had a pancake and orange juice for breakfast and that was almost 5 hours ago.
  • Because I can smell the lunch in the next room and all I can do is think about it.
  • Monkeys start dancing in my head.
  • I become distracted by things around the room.
  • I start talking to people and distracting them too.
  • It doesn't matter what you're saying anymore--and I'm sure you have good things to say but once you go over time, I'm not listening to you.

2 comments:

Floyd said...

Like President Packer says "It takes a darn good meeting to beat no meeting at all" What else can be said about long meetings.

Marnie said...

AMEN! I agree with everything you said, but especially the last bullet point. I never listen to anything said once the time has come for the meeting to be over.