
We finally were able to have a vacation since Greg got a huge project done for school. Some friends of ours invited us to go to a cabin in Southern Alberta. We had heard so much about Southern Alberta and how beautiful it was and it turns out that all the rumors were true--it really was beautiful. The mosquitoes were quite intense but nothing different than what we've been dealing with here.
Here we are on a really fun hike in Waterton. Tati fell asleep but she is there. We were so impressed at how well Chloe did on the hike. She did lose it toward the very end but it was a 3 mile hike overall.Once we reached the falls, we let the kids all play in the river a bit and have a snack. The water was so freezing but they still loved it. Well, that was until Chloe slipped on the rocks and got her butt all wet.
This one is hilarious because I caught Tati right as she was sneaking a little SIP of the river. I'm surprised it turned out in focus because I was yelling to Greg right at that moment to grab her hand. Probably the most delicious water she ever tasted and no ill effects so it was all good.Here is Chloe with one of her good buddies, Mila. They're the same age. They had a great time together hiking and playing.

Here is Tati showing off her pregnant tummy. She is having twins. She is pretty cute and hilarious talking about her tummy.

There was a river close to the cabin and the Tati had a blast throwing rocks into the water. Chloe on the other hand, was obsessed with picking weeds, I mean flowers since they told her she could pick whatever she wanted. Her mean Mom never lets her do that.


This picture is just for a family memory because I had to pee like crazy and we were out in the boonies. Finally we stopped right next to these cows and the girls loved peeing while the cows were watching. And those are all the dead bugs on our windshield. Tati was just giggling that the cows were right there while the pee was streaming down the hill. These are what good family vacations are made of.

We also had a chance to stop over in Cardston where there is a temple. It was fun to walk around. It was weird because it felt a lot like Utah down there in Southern Alberta.
The only sad part of the trip was finding out that had we driven 2 more hours, we could've gone to Target but there is no going back now. We're super glad we got to get out and explore on what is probably our last summer in Canada.

4 comments:
Waterton is gorgeous! Its been awhile since I've been there but I do remember going when I was little and playing in the water. The Cardston temple is so pretty. It really does feel like Utah there. My mom grew up in Cardston and my aunt still lives there, I spent many summers there. I'm so glad you guys got to spend some time in that part of Alberta. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Canada.
Tati's tummy is cute, but where is yours? I want to cry for you knowing you missed going to Target. And where do you think you will be next summer? There are rocks in NC too!
What a pretty place! It makes me want to go somewhere with mountains and pine trees.
I am so relieved that Tati survived after sampling the water from the mountain stream!! You are so good at documenting your life. Can't wait to see how your blog book turns out.
Post a Comment