
It is both exciting and terrifying. I just felt like I really had this girl thing down. Of course there are all sorts of fears and concerns that come up. People have often commented that our girls look so much like Greg so naturally one of my fears is having a girly boy who looks like me. Eek.
This has been a weird pregnancy. Lots of emotions and lots of trials. This is our 6th pregnancy. We have 2 kids so it has been hard for me to get totally excited about being pregnant without worrying that something would go wrong. From gaining lots of weight really fast (and swelling), to not having my doctor check for the heartbeat to having an ultrasound tech who wouldn't tell me jack, I've definitely been somewhat of a head case. And speaking of heads, it looks like I'm finally moving out of the migraine phase. I'm not a person who usually gets headaches really ever and I was having a real doozy every single evening. I've also been so sick and tired to the point of just being really cranky (sorry my family). Poor Greg has been in survival mode for some time. Hopefully, we're finally coming out of the darkness. On the positive side, it has been a great time to really test my faith and learn how to be ok with not being in control of things.
Who knows, maybe this is a sneak peek of what is to come:
Greg is hoping that he will take after Uncle Stephan and have great hair. He often comments about my brother's hair. It is pretty funny. No hair loss on my side. He's hoping this gene will be eradicated. It has been hilarious that my mind is buzzing from all the boy stuff that can be and Greg is the one talking about hair.And I just want to say for all the maternity businesses out there, why is it so hard to find a pair of pants to not have to constantly pull up and what is this obsession with jersey material for dresses and skirts? Yes, definitely comfortable but come on, the clinging to every curve, bump, ripple and showing every line to every layer on your body. I don't want people to know what my butt looks like naked thank you very much. Call me crazy, but I'm just not into that. Four months to go. Let's hope this ole body of mine holds out.

8 comments:
CONGRATS JULES!! So, so excited for you. And, at the same time, so, so excited for ME to not be the one with the morphing body and the nausea! :) Good luck in the weeks ahead. Keep me in the loop. And geez, aren't you EVER going to come to Utah?!?! I would so love to see you! I have a feeling our girls would dig each other.
Boys are great! Congratulations!! I'm sure he'll be beautful, pee on you a few times, and win your heart (plus the heart of his sisters). There is just something about a boy. The mess, the snuggles, the dress up. Oh, Julie, it is wonderful. I hope your days of feeling yucky are over.
I love that picture of Greg. He's a cute little boy, which is a good sign. I'm sure you're little man will be adorable, even if he does look just like you. Maybe it'll be the manly Lovstedt attributes that he picks up.
Ah yes...the dreaded maternity pants. Honestly, I never wore maternity pants for that very reason. I wore the same pair of black yoga pants my entire pregnancy. Maternity pants just suck. Good luck finding some clothes pregnancy.
By the way, when will you realize that you're not as large as you say?!?! You seriously look great.
Hi Julie,
I am a friend of Teresa's and Greg and my brother (Kris Beldin) were friends in high school and fellow Olympic bobsledding hopefuls. Not sure if Greg ever told you about SLC 2002 and if not, you need to ask him about it :) Anyway, I happened to come across your blog from Teresa's and read about your maternity pants problem. Have you heard of the Bella Band by Ingrid & Isabel? I used one during my pregnancy and it was great. Here's the link to their website http://www.ingridandisabel.com/. Congratulations on the pregnancy!
Michelle Beldin Casey
Congrats Julie!! I really am very excited for you! Boys have a special way of finding this place in your heart that just is amazing and worth all the craziness they bring too. Just be prepared for the differences between them & girls, because wow! it's crazy!! I guess you're already seeing that with the pregnancy. My boys' pregnancies have always included the dreaded migraines. As for the maternity pants, Old Navy has some awesome yoga ones. I still wear mine most days because I love them so much. I literally take them off to wash them & put them back on. :)
Oh my gosh! A BOY!!! That will be so much fun! I know he'll be adorable, and I'm sure he'll have great hair, too. :) I hope you start feeling better soon, that sounds like a miserable pregnancy! It'll be so worth it in the end, though. The first second you hear that cry you will have forgotten it all. Mostly. :) And amen to the skirts and jersey stuff. YUCK. I agree, loved the Bella Bands!!!
I'm so excited for you but very bummed that it has been so hard. I'm sorry, hugs! I hope that the next 4 months get better and fly by!
Congratulations again!!! We are supper excited for you guy's.
Love ya
Post a Comment