We had a busy and lazy Christmas Break. I wish we got more done but that is always how I feel when Greg is only home for limited times and I'm not so physically limber as I normally am. We did accomplish some important tasks though like buy a new car seat (since our other one expired) and get mostly baby ready. I've been feeling the urgency to prepare and hoping it was a sign that things would get underway early but alas, not so. I'm actually wearing a mumu right now as I type this. These won't be my best picture months, that is for sure. At least we're getting closer on the name debates. We might actually have a name agreed upon before we get to the hospital. That will be first for us. Then again, we never knew what we were having with so much advance notice. Anyway, back to the break.
- "We" went ice skating and sledding. Tati almost lost her life on a few fast turns on the sled.
- We went swimming.
- We ate a lot of yummy food.
- Chloe got a hair cut.
Made some snow angels.
- I did a lot of sewing.
- Pulled out two of Chloe's teeth.
- Busted out some VHS tapes and watched movies.
- I converted Chloe to "The Parent Trap" (duh, the original, don't insult me!)
- Found out we are going to have to live in Canada for another year and a half (yeah, I just slipped that one in).
- We went on a sleigh ride with some horses who had some seriously stinky gas. It was like that Seinfeld episode.
 |
| How's this for a family picture? We didn't get any pics of the horses but they were huge! |
- Got a pet (This was Chloe's big present that I forgot to mention earlier and an aquarium.).
 |
| This is Sharky. He is Tati's fish. |
- Killed a pet (Chloe's pet died. Luckily it had a 7-day warranty).
- Got a newer pet.
 |
| This is Batty the 2nd. Batty the 1st died. |
|
|
 |
| Doesn't he have freaky eyes? |
 |
Isn't that a rad painting? Jeanette and Greg surprised me with it. It is actually based on the following photo Greg took in Colorado.

|
- Slept in a lot.
- Ate lots of cheese ball and chocolate.
- We even had a Christmas Fairy do the 12 days of Christmas for us. Chloe is determined to do this next year for somebody else. It was really great to receive a fun treat everyday and honestly it was perfect timing for us with the bad news of staying here longer.
- And got a bunch of snow!
4 comments:
Wow, another year? That would be a hard blow. Especially when you've been counting down the days to getting to come home. It sounds like you have some amazing friends there, though! That painting is incredible! WOW!!! And I love Chloe's haircut. It's seriously so cute, she looks so grown up! I'm going to have to check out her art blog, that's really neat. Hang in there, Julie! ((HUGS))
Great pictures and video of Greg pulling Tatiana. I did not know he could ice skate so well and Tatiana had ice skates on also. We need to see her skate. Chloe is so cute and so is the whole family. I love you all.
That video of Tati is priceless! Did she get cut or seriously hurt? It looks like she flew right off the sled.
Are you guys on a real frozen lake? The joys of Canada, I guess, right?
Those photos of Sharky and Batty are professional looking.
Looks like you guys had a fun break. I LOVE that painting. It looks so great in your apartment. Goes great with your decore. Another year..WORTH IT!!! enjoy it.
Post a Comment