I just wanted to say that I have the best daughter in the whole world. You see, today is Greg's birthday. Usually when it is your birthday, you wake up and the dining room is decorated for you, you have a special breakfast, and you get a delicious dinner and birthday cake. Unfortunately as we all know, I have just had an intense surgery and am still quite busted up. I was looking on the calendar a few days ago and said, "Greg, do you realize that it will be your birthday on Sunday?" and he, of course hadn't. That is what happens as you get older, your birthday isn't so anticipated. Then last night night I said, "I'm sorry to say that your birthday isn't going to be all you want it to be." and he says, "I'm sorry to say that is also true for Valentine's Day." Then we laughed and we were good. We can celebrate all that stuff later. Right now, our big thrills are sleeping in or having Tati not color with markers on something.
Of course Tati woke up early when she heard her little brother crying. It was 6:30 to be exact. Nobody wanted her awake because the first thing she wants is breakfast and she'll continue to whine for breakfast and say she is starving. Yeah, you're starving because you didn't eat dinner last night. Same story everyday. Anyway, Greg finally takes her and Chloe downstairs at 7 when I'm done feeding the baby and lets me lay down for a bit more. As they are walking downstairs, I hear Chloe casually ask her dad what his favorite animal is. He said, "A yak".
At about 8:30, the girls come back into our room and I whisper to Chloe, "Today is Daddy's birthday. Maybe you can go make him a card really fast." To which she replies, "Don't worry Mom, I already took care of it and I had Tati make something too."
Greg said this was his best present ever. Such a sweetie pie.
So this is what came from the sister craft time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing EVER!!! You're right...you do have the best kid ever. I think I'll have Whitney read this post. A few times. Happy Birthday, Greg! And I hope you feel better soon, Julie! I can't wait to see more pictures of that sweet little baby!
Way to go, Chloe! She's so sweet and sensitive. I can't believe how grown-up she is.
that is awesome! and one neither you nor greg will forget, huh? loved that greg said his fave animal is a yak. another testimony that you two were mfeo. ;)
How sweet. Hope you get feeling better soon.
That brought tears to my eyes. All I can say is that you have taught her well!
Post a Comment