It was fun to have some friends invite us over for the 4th of July. They also have some relatives who are Americans so we had a chance to even celebrate with actual Americans. ;-) Don't get me wrong, Canada Day was a blast and we'll sorely miss all the fun, family friendly activities around here to participate in but we didn't see any fireworks (gets dark way too late for the kids) and even though we were dressed in our red and white, we were really also missing the blue. I wish the two independence days were farther apart because I would like to keep celebrating Canada Day in the future but having the two holidays just days apart and all the festivities being so similar it does make for a lot of work and prep. We'll see though, who knows for the future. In this case, I was glad that Katie did the work and I got to enjoy it. It was awesome! Katie is Tati's teacher at church and she LOVES her! Katie seems to really enjoy her except those rare times when Tati loses her wedding ring (but we found it). She also loves Katie's husband, Slader. They are some of the most kid friendly people we know so the girls had a great time over there. They even borrowed a jumpy castle thingy. I mean, come on.
I thought this picture turned out awesome--especially color wise--at least we're all looking.

The glasses were courtesy my friend, Jeanette. I have to give her a shout out for some awesome patriotic decore that she gifted us after her trip to the dollar store in AZ. She knows me too well. I am a sucker for the dollar store. I'm always a little hesitant to hang too much USA memorabilia around here. I don't know why but I guess it is because in California when I would see people with all these flags and stuff from other countries, it is more like the attitude of "Then go back to ______!" And I don't want people saying that to me. :-)

Here are some other fun pictures. I can't take credit for them all since I didn't take them, but I can take credit for the cute subjects of the photos--most of them anyway.
(photo courtesy of Sami)
We didn't do any fireworks but we did do sparklers. We've never double and triple lit them before though so that was a big thrill.

(photo courtesy of Sami)

And I never get sick of this cake idea. It was beautiful and delicious! Thank you Katie!
2 comments:
How fun! Looks like you had some great parties! Thanks for celebrating my birthday, you're so sweet! ;)
Cool, you get to celebrate two great days. Looks like you had a great time with both. Love the end picture, HA.
Post a Comment