
Lowe's took our dead tree back no problem. We then got a Douglas Fir instead of a Noble and got money back and a live tree. He didn't smell as yummy as the first one but that might have been a blessing seeing as Gavin didn't eat these needles like he did the other ones. Mostly Mommy and Chloe decorated Pinecone the Second because everybody else really only found it thrilling the first time. I added tinsel to this one though and I laughed as I heard myself saying the things my parents used to say to me about not just throwing it at the tree but meticulously putting one tinsel piece on every branch.
Christmas was great this year. Don't get me wrong, we always miss our families on Christmas and wish we were around them but at the same time it was nice to have a free day with no schedule and no plans other than what we wanted to do. The kids were on their best behavior all day and we had a really fun day. It was fun to have church on Christmas too. I should've gotten a picture of our family outfits but it was a crazy day. We did red and black this year. Then we did black and white for New Years. The only difference in both these schemes were the girls each wore different dresses. I need to get my body into more rocking condition so my smaller clothes will fit. That is one of my new year's goals.
We did our nativity acting out with my favorite nativity that my mom made. I'll try and drop the hint again for an angel here Mom. And a shepherd would be great too.

We also each wrote a way that we would follow Jesus this year like how the wise men followed the star to see him.
Tati: Said she would be better at sharing nicely with her siblings. She is also going to say lots of "pleases".
Chloe: Go to church and follow the commandments.
Gavin: He is going to try to cry and whine less so we can feel more peace.
Greg: I will study the scriptures everyday.
Me: I will talk nicer to people especially when I am frustrated.
Anyway, after that we ate breakfast and then started opening our presents. We tried really hard to get Gavin into it all. He liked ripping a little bit of the paper but it got old really fast. His favorite present was something he got when he was a baby and Chloe re-wrapped it up for him. It is a teddy bear stuffie. It was pretty hilarious.

Chloe did that a lot. For some reason she had all this stress at the last minute that she didn't have gifts for everybody so she asked for some wrapping paper and went around finding things that she knew we would love. Gavin got his old teddy bear, Tati got a bunch of rocks and shells that is always trying to steal from Chloe, I got a picture of baby Chloe that is usually on my night stand and Greg got some rocks that he gave Chloe and a small magnifying glass. It was pretty sweet.

Santa was really boring and brought the kids some movies. Every year I think about how I hate Santa but for some reason I didn't hate him so much this time. Then again I also thought about how I really want us to celebrate the Wise Men instead. In Argentina they celebrate "El Dia de los Reyes" where you put your shoes out and the wise men come and leave you treats in your shoes. It is also the day you are supposed to pack up your nativity sets. This is so fun to me and I'd rather they leave treats out for the camels then the reindeer. But I didn't get my smack together enough this year so we'll see if I can do it next year. My sister was telling me about the "Elf on a shelf" and I thought this sounded really fun too but I don't want my kids to be good just because they think some elf is reporting their behavior to Santa each night. And my kids would believe.
Chloe's favorite present was a package of "teensies". They are a mini version of the Littlest Pet Shops. Although she also loved her new owl beanie. This awesome girl in my ward actually crocheted some new beanies for the kids. Tati got an owl too and Gavin got a monster that he refused to keep on his head for any sort of picture so I included a picture with him wearing a different hat. Aren't they so cute?! I love them. (Thank you Addie!)


Tati's favorite present was Cars 2 and some random dollar store necklaces and rings that were in her stocking . Greg's favorite present was a new tie for his very large tie collection. He also loved that Chloe re-gifted him some rocks, and my favorite present was a music maker which I guess technically is a family present but since I picked it out and was most excited about playing it, it was really my present. I wish I would've done more research and just happened to have bought the Christmas music pack but oh well. I'll just have to buy it for next year. It was much easier than me dusting off my sorry violin and screeching out "O Holy Night" to myself. (As my mother and brother laugh with those memories.)

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas too!

1 comment:
Thanks for up dating us on your Christmas activities, sounds like you had a good time. How did the children like the new Jan Brett book and ornaments?
Post a Comment