Pages

July 15, 2012

Freeze Frame

I wanted to include some pictures from Chloe's b-day photo shoot.  It has taken me FOREVER to process them and narrow them down to the ones I LOVE.


We love Chloe.  She is a fantastic child and a wonderful big sister but she is not perfect by any means.  Sometimes we expect perfection from her--which we shouldn't-- so it seems extra dire when she is struggling with stuff.  Lately it has been with her lying.  Greg tells me he used to lie all the time when he was little and his parents were none the wiser.  What?  I can't imagine that his parents would believe everything he said especially since sometimes the lies are so obvious.  I'm sure I lied because everybody does but it doesn't stick out in my mind as something I did regularly.  I do, however,  remember sneaking food and treats into my room when I was supposed to be fasting.  And when my mom would ask me if I had eaten a Nutty Bar because of my peanut butter breath, I would deny it.  That was lying too.  I was talking to somebody older and wiser about this, and they told me that these things aren't really "lying" in the bad sense of the word like I'm thinking, but rather like fear of consequence reactions.  The "I didn't do it" or "It was an accident"  "I forgot...", etc.  We've been talking to her about it and she really is improving but it just seems like she's going through a rough patch.  Having no plan for our future and being so teetering on moving or not moving has been stressful on the parents but sometimes we don't realize how much stress it puts on the kids as well.  Chloe is old enough that she is understanding it more.  This is a hard time for her.  Sometimes I think Chloe takes too much upon herself.  She feels like it is her job to make other people feel happy if they are sad or relaxed if they are stressed, etc.  She worries about including everybody and doing everything she is supposed to be doing.  She gets that from me I fear.  We really try to balance her and each other.  I just hope we're doing enough.  But this is my sweet, empathetic, fun, optimistic, cautious girl and we think she is pretty darn cute and great.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

She is cute and great and I can't believe she's 8!!!