Where has the time gone? This girlfriend is growing up so fast. Chloe started third grade this year. She was happy to find out that most of the kids from her class last year are all in her class this year again.
It was sort of a miracle morning. We all got up and dressed and packed up to go. I even made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. We all walked Chloe to school (even Greg walked with us). Gavin cried like crazy when Chloe went into her classroom and we walked away. It was sweet and sad. Luckily a few minutes at the playground and he was back to being happy.
It was so hard to wake up early and get everybody going right away. I'm missing summer already. Chloe was excited to get back to school but sad too. We sure do miss her during the day and I really miss out on all the help she gave to me but I'm excited for her and proud of her too. And in case we worried, her French never left her over summer break and her reading skills continue to improve. Her spelling is improving too. There is hope that she didn't inherit her Grandpa Melton's spelling gene ;-)
After school I tried to get a picture of all the kids together for my future reference. At first I was annoyed that the 3 of them couldn't manage one photo together but then I thought that probably in a few years, I would enjoy seeing this awkward picture documenting their day together.
This one of Gavin is just too much. I couldn't have planned it if I tried. He was so mad at Chloe holding him still.
Now that we've started school, I just need to get back to documenting all the fun things we've done this summer. Be prepared for me to start from June. ;-)
p.s. I forgot to mention that Chloe got her nails done for school from our favorite babysitter. She's been watching nail tutorials on youtube and had impressed Chloe so much with other creations that she asked her to paint some apples on her nails. You know, apples and school and all. Look how cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Come on give me a break, I can spell a few things but it is great that she did not inherit my jeans, OH Genes, HA, HA. Good pictures, those are the ones that bring back memories, the good ones are just pictures that one can't even remember what they were for.
love the new header! Can't wait for all the coming posts. Really can't believe that Chloe is in 3rd grade. It was just a moment ago that Steph, Greg, and I were so inconsiderately eating some yummy burritos while you were laying in that hospital bed in AF laboring. I miss you :(
Post a Comment