Pages

August 1, 2013

Bucket List

Every summer we try and make a goal sheet as a fam of things we'd like to do as a family.  Some things on our list this year have included:

  • Have a picnic.
  • Do origami with Daddy.
  • Have a baby (more on that one to come).
  • Eat a popsicle.
  • Go swimming.
  • Take pictures in the canolas.
  • Etc.
Well the canolas were so vibrant and we were worried that we were going to miss out on them.  We love the canola fields.  In my mind we were going to have this super fun family experience.  The kids would run through the field giggling with the yellow flowers in the background.  The sky would be a deep blue with wispy, white clouds.  I would snap some photos of them and they would all turn out beautiful and we'd blow one up and have this amazing family photo including our soon to be born baby in my tummy.

As you can imagine, things didn't turn out like that.

First off, we couldn't find a field that wasn't fenced off.  Then once we did, and we got out, it was FULL of thistles that we had to get through to actually be in front of the flowers.
Unfortunately, we had also all worn flip flops because it was so warm so that made all the thistles extra fun.

Luckily all the kids had at least one redeeming shot.  At first, Chloe couldn't open her eyes because the sun was too bright.  I tried to count to 3 and then just have her open her eyes right before but that didn't work out too well.


Tati kept doing a weird, fake smile.  Gratefully she was able to liven up and be herself.


I got creative and got a good shot only to discover I was in some funky camera mode. Too bad b/c this is what her smile really is like.

And she really wanted one of her smelling the flower (which doesn't smell like anything).

And Gavin didn't want to smile or sit or look at the camera or stand or not have Daddy holding him.


It was awesome.

Then at some point we made the kids get in the car and play and just be away from us and we proceeded to try and do a photo shoot of us.  Greg is so funny.  He always resorts to cheesy 80's prom poses.  The fence post was a bit crooked and of course we had forgotten to take the attachment for the tripod but it was fun. 




Looking at the photos now, I can appreciate them even more. I guess that is just what life is like. What I'm learning is that I can't let my kids' rotten attitudes mess with my juju. :-)


1 comment:

Justin said...

ADORABLE pictures. Every cheesy smile, pout y face and kiss on the cheek. I love it when pictures make you smile, These do. LOVE!