This year we were Vikings with our 2 little dragons. The kids love that movie, "How to Train Your Dragon" so that was kind of the inspiration. I bought Oliver's baby dragon costume before I was even pregnant just because I knew we were going to have another baby. That and it was on clearance at Carter's for $2. How could I resist that?!
Tati decided that she really didn't want to be a Viking at school. I agreed since I had no plans to go to the school and help her with her hair and all her accessories that I didn't care if she wore something else. So she dug out her old kraken costume (that is too tight and short) and wore that. Here she is right after school. Something so hilarious about a kraken with a backpack and a scarf on, eh?
We usually have gone to the costume parade at the kids' elementary school but since Tati already strutted her stuff at school with the other kinders and it was right during nap time I told Chloe we probably wouldn't make it. She told me she was fine with it and that it actually made her feel a bit more grown up if we didn't go. (tear)
For Halloween night, we were dressed up in all our glory. Honestly I thought I ended up looking more like Pocahontas than a Viking but oh well. I really enjoyed fish tail braiding the wigs. It was especially funny because Greg was my head for the wigs as I detangled them. Note: Always store wigs in bags when you pack up your Halloween crap. Also, supposedly lotion is a great detangler but it sucked. The other idea said vegetable oil but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Here are some fun pics that my friend, Jeanette took:
The weather was favorable for here. No snow like last year and the kids made out like bandits. Our favorite babysitter even accompanied us and helped Gavin with his bag. Mostly Gavin just enjoyed ringing the doorbells and screaming "Happy Halloween" at the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
awesome! love the look, love love the wigs - good work!
oh and I love the new header pic!
Post a Comment