Pages

August 7, 2008

7 months old


Our little baby is growing up! Tati is sleeping through the night now. We resorted to using the old trusty method of torture to get her to do it. We have this book called “Solve Your Child’s Sleeping Problems” that my friend gave us with Chloe and basically the method is let them cry and then you go and check on them in increasing intervals but can’t pick them up to soothe them. It works, it is just hard for Mommy to live through. That’s what we ended up doing with Chloe and it took less than a week to work with her. I remember it was really hard with Chloe but somehow we made it work. With Tati, it was death. We had an added component to deal with with her and that was that she was still waking up to feed every 3 hours. So we had to decrease the amounts of times we fed her and also decrease the time of the feeding itself. It took about a week to get to the point where we weren’t going to let her eat at all. Greg was increasing the time between feedings and then at the same time decrease the amount of time she was allowed to eat. We had a few rough nights when she was just crying and crying even though she was getting her occasional visits from daddy and him soothing her w/o picking her up. Anyway, I had to wear some ear plugs a few times because it gives me a panic attack and all I want to to do is pick her up and love her. Greg had to keep reminded me that it was better for everyone if she slept through the night. Anyway, for 3 nights now, she’s done a near perfect/cry free night. I really do have to give some props to my hubby for really taking charge here and doing it all without complaining. It has been great to get our much missed and much needed rest.

Other fun stuff: Tati laughs out loud all the time now. She especially seems to get a kick out of Chloe and when Chloe does her little antics, she just screams and laughs and smiles and smiles and smiles. It is so cute. We’ll try and get it on video. She also has her first tooth! It is her left bottom tooth and it is all sharp and super white. Of course that means that her slobber is pretty much everywhere right now just dripping, dripping, dripping.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sleeping through the night sounds so blissful. Lil E sleeps about 8 hours but I am not one to get up for the day at 5 or 6 am, so for me that is still the middle of the night. Props to Greg for being so great!!

Natalie said...

Yaaaay! Oh man. I remember you going through that with Chloe! (I also can't believe it's been that long!) You guys are some tough cookies, that's for sure! High Five to you both!

Marnie said...

What a cute picture of Tats. I can't believe how much bigger she is than when we saw her just two months ago. And, congrats of the successful sleeping. As happy as I am for you guys, it makes me so afraid for my future. What if Penny was our fluke sleeper and Numero Dos is a pain?

AmShaZam said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear both mother and baby have survived the ordeal. She is a beautiful girl!

Stephan said...

Man IO barely figured out hoe to leave a comment. And the typing is pretty rough too. I like Tati too. This may be the last time I do this. No courtesy comments on each entry for me.