Pages

August 11, 2008

Olympic Dreams


So tonight Chloe and I were staying up late and watching the Olympics. We mostly saw swimming. She loves the water and kept asking all these swimming questions and mermaid questions--of course. Finally it was time for bed and I told her wouldn't it be fun if we had some Olympic dreams tonight. Then she tells me, "Yeah Mom, tonight I'm going to have dolphin mermaid dreams. Do you know what a dolphin mermaid is?" "No, tell me." "Well, it's a dolphin that wears a bra." I've learned to control that initial laughter so I just smiled and said, "Well, let me know in the morning if it happens." Then as she's climbing up the ladder to her bed I say, "Chloe, what color bra do you think your dolphin will have?" She gives me this look like, "Well duh!" and then she says, "Well, it will be pink Mom. Like a princess dolphin mermaid." Yeah, duh for Mom. Cute little girl. I'll be sad when this phase of her youth wears off.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that's great! Duh, a dolphin with a bra. What a cute kid!!

Diana said...

Chloe is so cute! I love her imagination. I hope she had good dolphin mermaid dreams. I love the new blog look! Very cute!

Natalie said...

Ha ha ha, I can totally hear Chloe saying that!!! I hope she got those wonderful dolphin in a pink bra dreams that she was longing for! Man, I love that girl!!!

carlston said...

Hi Julie... I just noticed a comment from you - it's so great to hear from you. Your girls are darling... Chloe is so grown up and your baby is beautiful. I love her name! This blogging thing is fun for catching up with old friends. I hope you are doing well in Canada. I plan to check in on you guys every so often, if you don't mind.

Cute post by the way. I am totally envious of Chloe's imagination/dreams and wish I could let myself go there sometimes. The drawing is super as well!!!

Callie

AmShaZam said...

Of course! A pink bra-clad dolphin mermaid! You could make a children's movie.

Sullivan Family said...

Hey Julie!! It's Gina from Provo. I was on Ambers blog and saw you. Your family is so cute!! What are you doing in Canada? We are in St Louis, we have been here for about 4 years. Check out my blog www.myfourcrazyboys.blogspot.com Lets keep in touch. GINA

lisam said...

Well, I just found out you had a blog and that's awesome we can see how the girls are doing and you and Greg of course. They are getting so big, and they do grow up fast. Stacia will be 16 in 3weeks. OUCH!!!
Luv Lisa

Teresa said...

Absolutely can't wait to see Chloe again... these stories just crack me up! What an imagination. Never thought dolphins could get any cooler... apparently, I lack the awesome mind of a 4 year old! Love you guys.