Liquid Smoke. Isn't that just such a trippy idea. I've heard of it and seen it before but never owned any. This chick I know just moved to the U.S. and she had to get rid of all her liquids and flammables so I got a bunch of her stuff. One of my random treasures was this bottle of flavor. So on Pioneer Day I decided we'd celebrate with some beans and cornbread--that's a pioneer dinner, right? So I used all these canned beans and thought, "Man, too bad we aren't camping and making these beans on the campfire in a dutch oven." and then it hits me, "Oh, I have some campfire right here." Enter the Liquid Smoke. The catch phrase on the bottle says, "Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor". So I added a few dashes of it to the beans and you would've sworn I had cooked it outside. My neighbor smokes and I can't say I'd like some of that liquid smoke to throw into my dinner but for at least a pioneer dinner, it was delish. Try it and let me know what you think.
August 1, 2008
You know what's a weird invention?
Liquid Smoke. Isn't that just such a trippy idea. I've heard of it and seen it before but never owned any. This chick I know just moved to the U.S. and she had to get rid of all her liquids and flammables so I got a bunch of her stuff. One of my random treasures was this bottle of flavor. So on Pioneer Day I decided we'd celebrate with some beans and cornbread--that's a pioneer dinner, right? So I used all these canned beans and thought, "Man, too bad we aren't camping and making these beans on the campfire in a dutch oven." and then it hits me, "Oh, I have some campfire right here." Enter the Liquid Smoke. The catch phrase on the bottle says, "Where There's Smoke, There's Flavor". So I added a few dashes of it to the beans and you would've sworn I had cooked it outside. My neighbor smokes and I can't say I'd like some of that liquid smoke to throw into my dinner but for at least a pioneer dinner, it was delish. Try it and let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Julie- you haven't lived until you've tried it on a pork roast! Ka-pow! It turns it into a Hawaiian Kalua pig!
I had never heard of it before. Thanks for the education. Oh and I love reading your blog because it is just like hearing you talk!!
Hey Julie, welcome to the bloggong world! So Canada huh? How do you like it there? How old is Chloe now? And your new little one?
What on earth!?! Liquid smoke!?! Does it really smoke? Or just taste like smoke. Wow...So, if you add too much does it taste burned?
Post a Comment