Pages

January 22, 2009

Daddy/Daughter Date

Believe it or not things have really been warming up lately. We had a bunch of snow melt and it was even in the 40's! I was really starting to get excited and proud of myself because I thought we had survived winter. I even could be heard saying things like, "Well, that wasn't too bad." or "Guys, we did it! We survived Winter!" but alas, I was premature. Looks like winter, round 2 is starting. This morning the temp. was 5 (not too cold) but the windchill was -35!!! Yikes. While things were "warm" though, we took advantage to play outside well at least Daddy and Chloe did. I don't last very long "playing" in the snow.

First they wrote in the snow which was pretty exciting because she could see it from our window.



Then they made a fort in the backyard. Chloe started out strong and was having a grand ole time. I don't think she realized what all her dad had envisioned. Then we ran out of snow in the backyard and I was like, "Um, Greg how are we going to close this thing up?" then he pulled out the genius idea of the umbrella.

Normally when people have a snow fort in the backyard, it lasts for a few days and melts. This one is likely to be around until June. We'll be sure and report when it finally disappears. Good job Daddy!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Greg easily gets the Awesomest Dad award for that!!

Stephan said...

You need to leave the umbrella there as kind of a mold and let it get all covers with snow. Then it will be a real igloo.

Teresa said...

That is so great! I am glad youkids are having fun!! :)

lisam said...

Very cool fort Greg....but your suppose to make one that you can spend the night in like Mark...slacker....Joking....very fun thing for Chloe something she will always remember....

Melanie said...

How cute! What a clever daddy, An unbrella! Who would have thought. I am tired of winter already. I know you must be. You California girl.