Pages

January 12, 2009

Fun to Be One!

Well, our little babe turned one!
She does this scrunched up face and breaths kind of like a piggy out of her nose. It is so hilarious and so cute. We don’t know where it came from but since her Daddy and big sis are always doing it back to her, it has stuck. The only problem occurs when she does this great trick and her nose is full of snot.

It is crazy to think that a year ago I was in the hospital recovering from it all. This year has been full of changes, trials and happiness. Tati represents that year well . She is full of smiles, laughs, and is so easy to love but she can also wail like a banshee, slap, pinch, bite, and launch her food better than any other one year old.

In my mind one is such a momentous age. I remember with Chloe I like gave her milk, peanut butter, and citrus all on the first day. Now, another child later I realize how retarded that is. There really isn't a magic number in space that once you pass it all is different. Take her cake for example. I am one of those moms (sorry Emily) that limits sweets (I'm such a meany). Don't get me wrong, Chloe knows who Little Debbie is and inherited her Daddy's sweet tooth for treats after every meal - but I still want to avoid it as much as possible in the baby years. Tati has eaten everything in its natural or unsweetened format. I even got her to like eating plain yogurt with wheat germ which is supposed to (if developed early on) help them crave healthy food as they grow up. I know it sounds crazy but if it does work, how could I not try it? Ok, fine maybe I didn't do all plain yogurt, I spiked it with baby food or applesauce, but still. Geez, you beat it out of me. Anyway, when she went to eat her cake with rainbow chip and whipped vanilla frosting on it, she treated it like any other bread item she ever eats, just slowly bite by bite. No real reaction to the sweetness either. She is quite a little lady when she wants to be. Bite by bite, no frosting in the hair, no smooshing of her face into the cake.

Things that are new:
She officially can walk now—that is if you hold onto her hands. She never let us do it as her parents but suddenly while in Oregon, she let her cousin McKayla walk around with her.

After a few times with just letting McKayla take her, she finally let’s her parents or whoever else lead her around. Here she is with Aunt Lisa.
Opening her presents.
She still prefers to crawl and can now crawl up the stairs, which means that we have to be soooo careful to put the gate up. She can open cupboards and drawers on her own and even has managed to smash a few fingers. After much work, she had her two top teeth break through. They are barely there but they made it. Looks like she got the Lovstedt gap.

We are just go grateful to have our little Tats in the family. She has such a fun personality and brings a unique spice to our family recipe.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

I want to see a video of Tati's face scrunching routine. It looks pretty cute in the picture.

Sullivan Family said...

Happy birthday Tati!! She looks so happy!! We will celebrate Matt's birthday next month on the
6th!! I am SO excitied.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday, mini Melton!

Carlie said...

She is delicious! Looks like blondes really do have more fun! ( he he)