Pages

February 23, 2009

Family Snow Day

(Sorry, am I the only one who back posts? So this was dated in Feb b/c this is Feb. So no, there is no snow currently outside although it was a long, tough winter! Didn't mean to fool you all.)

This was our Family Home Evening activity. I generally don't like to play in the snow or even take the kids outside because it is such a pain in the butt to get all the gear on and then off. Tati had never had the chance to actually BE in the snow (we usually are either holding her or leave her strapped into something) though so I didn't want her to look back at this age without any proof.
She ate some snow with her big sis who still loves eating snow and ice as much as she did when she was little too. Can this be genetic?




Look how Tati looks at her Daddy. There really is nothing quite like it.


Front yard.


In the backyard. She was so excited to be allowed to actually crawl in the snow. (If you've got a quick eye, you may notice the outfit change. That's b/c this activity was actually two outings to the backyard in the same day. The second was was after a friend returned our baby snow suit. Good thing too b/c the first outfit was soaking wet when she finished.
She couldn't wipe that smile off her face the whole time. It was so cute!

Lastly, here is a video of Tati in action crawling. It was almost nightfall by this time. Neither of the girls wanted to go inside. They obviously get that from their dad.



2/23/09

4 comments:

Molly said...

Is this your yard SERIOUSLY??? Now?!? In April?!?! All that snow and layers of clothing?? I gotta give it to you girlfriend, I couldn't take it. :) I'm here thinking 60 degrees is ridiculously painful. You're a trooper!

Mom and Dad said...

What's with Edmonton weather? Can't believe all that snow. It's MAY !!! Annual Strawberry Festival next week here. Berry stands have been open for a month!

Marnie said...

Yes, you are the only one who back posts.

Cute girls, though. I think Tati looks a lot like Chloe in her little snow outfit.

Samber said...

Baahaha. That video is awesome! Where did you think she'd end up with a crawling trail shoveled straight to your feet? And she looks so cute in that patterned snow suit pic. AND gazing at her daddy. Great pics!