Pages

February 10, 2009

My Little Farmer

Chloe: "Mom, can I have a snack?"
Me: "Sure, what do you want?"
"Um, I want some wheat crackers."
"Ok. But I thought you didn't like those crackers."
"Well, I didn't but then on Saturday when you were gone, Daddy gave me some and after I ate seven of them, I thought they were really good."
"Oh really? (7?!) Well, good. Then go eat some if you like them so much."
(a few minutes elapse)
"Mom, I have the greatest idea!"
"What?" (me in the other room)
"Hold on, I'll show you."
(she walks into the kitchen where I'm doing the dishes)
"Look Mom, I got the little wheat seeds off my cracker. Let's put them in a tupperware and then we can plant them in our garden and grow wheat to make wheat bread or some of these crackers."
I told her I thought it was a fabulous idea. I'll talk to her about what sesame seeds are and how baked seeds can't grow later.

3 comments:

kkoyle said...

How cute, a girl after my own heart.

kkoyle said...

Julie, just in case you were wondering you PLT is, it just the koyles..my computer and I were not on the same vibe this morning.

Natalie said...

Hahaha! Oh man, I love that girl!!!