It seemed like a fun idea and easy enough. It even says that word, "easy" several times on the box.
All we had to add to the frosting was water. It came with black and orange frosting.
It came with 3 sample designs of what to decorate.
It came with candies.
It came with decorating tips.
It came with it all.
But Mr. Wilton wasn't expecting it to come with this.
You see, getting the exact "toothpaste" consistently isn't really as easy as just "adding water". So we just went with it. We tried to just "ooze" and "drip" the frosting over the house. It was going to look like black Halloween icicles or something...
So here we are in the end. I can't say it was the best gingerbread house ever, but dang it sure was fun! One of my highlights was when Chloe turned to Greg and said, "Daddy, Tati looks like a tar baby." Ahh, the memories.

8 comments:
How fun!! You are such a great mom!! Your girls are so pretty...just like their mom! Hope you are all doing great!
The haunted gingerbread house doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. The tar lake is something else, though. That's hilarious!
Are the girls still in their church dresses while they're frosting with the tar?
That is the best, wish I could have been there to witness the whole process. What did Greg look like if he got the goo all over everyone else?
That is the best haunted gingerbread house I have ever seen and it does look haunted. Keep up the good work and fun with the girls
I love that you posted this, Julie!
We forget these humorous times otherwise! I am STILL laughing! Love the pics, love the narrative! Your darling! And hey: It's SUPPOSED to be a house of horror, right? haha~ And your all such beautiful people, even with "tar" all over you!
"'I'm gwine ter larn you how ter talk ter 'spectubble folks ef hit's de las' ack,' sez Brer Rabbit, sezee. 'Ef you don't take off dat hat en tell me howdy, I'm gwine ter bus' you wide open,' sezee.
"Aye lub eet" sezerr.
Supper cute. If your going to have a supper messy drippy house, a halloween house is a good choice :) You guy's are so fun.
Awesome. All of it...the haunted house, the tar, you guys...
i cannot believe your kid just called her sister a tar baby. maybe racism is inherent. didn't we just see a post about greg being halloween racist?
Post a Comment