I'm a little behinds. So here we go:
A penguin came to Chloe's kindergarten class and I was so excited. I know that probably makes me a little dorky but I really wanted to go and see this penguin. Chloe and her friend had been talking it up for weeks. Luckily for me, my parents were in town so I was able to leave my baby coo-koo home and head over myself. It was great to see Chloe at school interacting with friends and with the teacher. I asked the teacher later if Chloe was acting differently because I was there and she assured me that Chloe was always that good. (Mother beaming moment here.) Anyway, so onto the action. She really was the best kid in class too. One kid had to go to his special drawer and get this chew toy thingy to squeeze because he couldn't focus. I felt so bad for him. I especially felt bad that I thought it was humorous that he was squeezing a chew toy.
This is Tweeblick. Yeah seriously. I know what you're thinking. What kind of name is that? Poor penguin. She is an African penguin who now lives at the Edmonton mall (biggest mall in N. America--woo-hoo--claim to fame). That's right, I said the mall. There is a little sea center/aquarium thing there. That mall is really like nothing else I've seen.
Enjoy her bootie shake/twirl towards the end.
And in case you were wondering what the zoo looks like right now since the penguins are living at the mall and not the zoo, check this out:
But these animals were still outside:

5 comments:
Okay could your kids be any cuter in those Mickey eared things? I think not! And I can only imagine kindergarteners and penguin poop. What else? Oh yeah I am IN LOVE with your header picture!! Now move back to the states!
So either I'm not on the friend list or my Mostly picture posts don't count or get looked at. I'll try to not take offense.
Thanksgiving makes me miss you.
The penguin adventure sounds fun. Living in a mall can't be that bad but I've spent a few days in a kindergarten class and I'm not sure those are welcomed outings!
Love seeing Chloe in class and she seems to be best dressed. I love the Mickey ring pictures what cute Granddaughters I have and I am not a bit prejudice.
Penny loved the Mickey photos. She keeps asking where Chloe found those things.
Oooooo, I almost missed a post where I was referenced! I feel like a celebrity! You are a brilliant blogger. Now get those animals of yours INDOORS!
Post a Comment