We were having a nice, relaxing Saturday. Nothing to do, no where we had to go. It was the perfect day to get out and do something fun. So that's what we were going to do, get out and do something fun. It was afterall, the first official day of Spring.
But then we took too long showering and getting dressed.
Then we took too long making our picnic.
Then we remembered we needed a new camera battery so Greg had to run to the store.
Then the girls started fighting.
Then the girls started crying.
Then Mommy and Daddy were irritated at the kids.
Then Mommy and Daddy were irritated with each other.
Then it was painfully obvious that we needed to eat the picnic at home.
Then we ate.
Then it was painfully obvious what with the crying and whining and only barely eating that our baby bird needed a nap RIGHT THEN. So we put her down for her nap.
Then a few hours later we tried it all again.
We were so excited to finally get out and it seemed nice and sunny outside so we just dressed in hoodies or light jackets.
So, we drove to the park and started walking.
Then our children ran off and almost got smashed by a herd of bikes and bikers who hated us for having children who could run.
Then the clouds rolled in.
Then Mommy got cold and a little cranky.
Then we got to our snack spot (previously our picnic spot).
Then we saw that the park had been painfully vandalized.
Then we had a snack.
Then the sun came out.
And then we started having fun.

I just wish sometimes it would be fun from the get go. But I guess if it were, we wouldn't really enjoy the good times, right?



2 comments:
Yup, that sounds like an awesome family outing! I'm glad to hear it all turned out okay in the end! And, I am SO incredibly jealous of your sunglasses.
If I laugh it's only because it sounds way too familiar.
Glad you finally made it :)
I love the pictures with the light pole. So cute!
Post a Comment