
We just finished up our family swimming lessons.
Tati is such a dare devil in the bathtub (she floats, dives, holds her breath, etc.) we decided we had to get her into swimming lessons. It was a Parent/Tot class. A lot of the things were fun but I was certainly glad when our two weeks were up and I didn't have to get in the cold water, get splashed in my eyeballs and sing all those dumb songs anymore. Plus, it was such a work out having us all shower and eat lunch everyday afterward. We are all actually in big need of a hair cut now what with all the chlorine damage. Tati had a great time. She was definitely the bravest in the class but she wasn't too keen on other people scheduling her pool time. A lot of the time you could hear her yelling stuff like this,
"No, I do it all by myself!"
"Mommy, let go!"
"I no sing song, I jump!"
"Mommy, let go!"
"I no sing song, I jump!"
She is convinced that she can swim by herself and with no life jacket. Even when I would let go to show her and she would go down, she would still want me to let go of her. We were very proud of her being able to navigate in a life jacket and also on a noodle. She is physically ready for the next class but she would never listen to a teacher so we'll have to suffer through the next few years of high alert while in or around water.
Chloe was in the same class as one of her BFF's, Corbin. Corbin was VERY afraid of the water. I think Chloe was nervous and a little bit afraid the first day but she knew Corbin was super afraid so she was brave. She would often stay next to him and give him encouraging words. He was even the topic of prayer nearly everyday. "Please help Corbin be brave." By the last day, Corbin swam in the water with everybody else. We were glad that she could be such a good friend to him.
I'll finish off with 2 movies of Tati. Since I was in the water, obviously I couldn't take all the photos and videos. Luckily, Greg came one day to watch and was able to capture some of our experience. One is of her jumping in. The other is how excited she is when she's swimming "alone" (with the life jacket).
If you listen really carefully after she jumps in you can hear her say, "Mom, let go!"
Happy Summer Swimming to You!

5 comments:
What a brave girl you have on your hands and good for Chloe for helping her friend. I am proud of both of them. Love you girls, Grandpa
So cute!! That is so fun you were able to participate with Tati swimming. I look forward to when I can do it with Bella :)
It was good for Penny to watch these video clips. We've watched them several times now. She keeps saying very excitedly, "Tati can swim all by herself?!?!" We tried the life jacket this weekend with Penny and it wasn't as successful as we'd hope. I guess the summer's not over.
How fun! She is a good little swimmer!
BAAAAAhahahah. That first photo is AWESOME!
Post a Comment