Well, we did it. I know people have been thinking Tati had her paci too long. It was finally getting to the point where she was like non-functioning without it. She was like a drug addict (or what we imagine a drug addict to be like). I made a paper chain counting down the days. She chose how many chains there would be and then each time she was going to use her paci, she paid us a ticket. Along the way we talked about what would happen when she ran out of tickets. So the day came and we were all excited (especially me). We put the pacifier in the mailbox and waited for "The Paci Fairy" to arrive. Not too long later, the doorbell rang only to discover that she had indeed come and left a new bike for Tats!

She survived her afternoon nap with some crying but overall was so successful that we took her to the mall and got her a Build A Bear. Chloe has had one for a long time and we thought this way it would be nice to have a new friend to sleep with. I sepia-ed the pics just because the whole experience was kind of like a dream land for her.
So we'd like to welcome "Barbara" aka "Barbie" into our family. Where does this fool come up with these names?




Every big girl bear needs undies!
Hurray for Tati!
5 comments:
Congrats to Tati and yea for you! Blaine still has his "binkie" or as he calls it now "bink". Its about time for him to say bye to it as well. I like your idea of having a countdown to take it away, I think I'm going to try it.
YOu always have the best idea's Julie. How cute a paci fairy. We have our kindergarten count down on the fridge. Only 9 more day's left. Thanks for the fun idea.
Good for Tati! Every once in a while I wish our kids were pacifier babies instead of thumb suckers.
I know that you like to keep your blog on the down low, but I sent the link to this post to my neighbour who is trying to get rid of her daughter's soother (Canadian for 'paci'). I love that the paci fairy chose to ring the door bell!
the pic of tati on the bike is awesome! she's such a super cutie with that excited smile. i didn't even realize she was so attached to the paci. i too often wish our miss a preferred the paci to her thumb. she's in kindergarten still sucking her thumb whenever she can get away with it. how do i stop that?
Post a Comment