Pages

March 22, 2011

Cover Girl!

One of the advantages to going to the doctor's office frequently is that I could plan to take a photo of this billboard. Don't worry, I wasn't the one driving. I just wanted to mention this, mostly for my sister but for anybody else who lived through the 80's with me. All kinds of styles and things from the 80's are coming back--some shouldn't and some I don't mind as much. This is one that I don't mind as much. Let's call it "nude lips".

I don't know if my sister was the one who invented this lip style but she is the one who showed me how to do it. If you want to be retro and do this "new" look from the 80's, here's what you need:
You put cover stick all over your lips. Your lips should be dry. Don't listen if your Mom tells you that you look like a corpse.

2.Then you need to put some sort of shimmery lipstick on top. We used to use "Wet-n-Wild" #512 to be exact but as far as google can tell me, that color either doesn't exist anymore or else it is going by another name. The funny thing about Wet-n-Wild lipstick is that is was $1.00 then and I'm pretty sure it is $1.00 now. 512 looked like a mixture between the two middle lipsticks in this picture.
I don't know if "nude lips" are really for me anymore but every time I see somebody with this look on, I can't help but smile.

Now we just have to wait for Aquanet to have its comeback. Oh, and I did buy some blue eyeliner this week. Almay assures me it is just perfect for my blue eyes.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Holy cow! I used to LOOOVE Covergirl 512! That is so funny! I think my mom still has some in her "junk makeup" box...