Pages

February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day


I love being festive for holidays. The kids each got some heart glasses (that were too small for their enormous craniums) and a few candy treats. The big thrill for the girls was that they each got a necklace. We ordered them way back in October and initially I was going to give them their necklaces for Christmas but then I decided we'd save them so they would be able to appreciate them more and also Tati needed a few more months to learn better necklace responsibility. Anyway, they got this one with a birth stone. They got the heart shape. There are a bunch of other really cute necklaces on that site but I didn't want the girls to have their whole names on a necklace. Is that too paranoid? Anywho, they LOVED them.



That evening Greg and I went on a fun date. It was snowshoeing. I haven't gone snowshoeing since I was pregnant with Chloe so that was like forever ago. I forgot how much we really enjoy it. We definitely are going to be buying some snow shoes and living or vacationing somewhere with snow. Anyway, it was cold and dark but I still managed to get a few shots.


A frozen, little stream:

And my hubby helping me get all geared up. He's such a sweetie. I totally could've done it myself but what fun would that have been?

Then the evening ended with my worst nightmare.

A communal bowl of dough. + A bunch of dirty hands grabbing at it. + A pile of dirty sticks.+A fire=
Bannocks

Obviously I did not partake of said "refreshments". We got home and were so pooped so we watched some tv and then just as we were about to go to bed, Greg got one of his special emails telling us the Northern Lights were really hot so we went and saw them. I'll make another post for that. Leave you in suspense.

2 comments:

Carlie said...

Who provided the dough- people you know or randoms? And too bad you aren't here, I have 4 boxes of Samoas and Thin Mints in my freezer waiting for my return from Cancun to be eaten! I would've given you a box to enjoy for a Valentine's treat...no sharing :)

mel spen said...

You can't go wrong with Vintage Pearl!. I got this one in a D (just say, "how sweet!") before we left Tulsa: http://www.thevintagepearl.com/products/vintagesilverinitialcharmalacarte_p310

The date looks like great fun... glad you got to enjoy it (minus the communal dough) - looks like you needed a good hot dog or polish sausage!