I've had a total mean Mommy day. It has been a par-tay! Diaper cream all over my bed, child and child's clothes (then all over me as I battled the cream away from him); whining, fighting, spillings of milk on the floor, yogurt all over the couch and bedtime battles. Whew!
I feel like I've been annoyed and/or yelling at them much of the day. I feel like all my words go in one ear and out the other.
The frustrating thing is that once they are in bed and the house is semi cleaned up and everything is quiet, I start to feel so mad at myself for losing it. Why couldn't I just have been a little more understanding or patient or nice? I feel like I let myself down. I feel like I let my kids down.
This is probably one of those payback days I get from doing this to my parents when I was young.
I found this quote on pinterest and it has been really good for me to remember.
And obviously I need to remember it more. So in the spirit of documenting something good, I wanted to say how much I love a good Whopper from Burger King. Man, those things are so good. Normally they are pretty expensive but on Wednesdays, they are only $1.99 here. And sometimes Whoppers just make things seems a little brighter for a while.


2 comments:
Aw Julie, totally have those days. Mike can attest to my guilt and night time cries before bed after a mean mommy day. Keep looking at the positive things! You're a great Mom!!
I have those days all the time! All the time. Icees make it better for me.
Post a Comment