Pages

September 25, 2008

I love the whole world


Since we live far away, one of our actual needs while living here has been to have high speed internet so we can do video chat and stuff with family. It has been quite a luxury--I don't know how we'll ever go back to dial-up. Who am I kidding, we can't go back to dial up after this! Anyway, shortly after having Tatiana, I decided that having cable t.v. would also be a necessity. I mean if it is -40 outside and all I was doing is milk this and milk that and poor Chloe needed something to do. Anyway, it has been so fun to watch shows that we had only ever heard about before. Yes, it is the first time in our 7 yr. marriage that we've had real t.v. I love t.v. Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit that but I do. I love it. Having said that. Sometimes I cry at the most random things and that is even when I'm NOT pregnant and have no other hormonal excuse. So they have this new commercial for the discovery channel and I just LOVE IT!!! Check it out.


It makes me cry. Go figure. Something about everybody all coming together to sing this song. In a world full of so many scary, sad and bad things, this is a great reminder of how awesome this world is. Go ahead, re-play it and sing along.

And just for fun, here are some of my favorite shows. In no particular order and no I don't watch t.v. all the time. But I do look forward to the kids going to bed so I can watch. There are few things that a little t.v. veg time with a treat can't fix. The new Buffalo Wing/Blue Cheese Doritos dipped in sour cream are my #1 right now.

Relocation, Relocation, World's Most Extreme Homes, Property Virgins, Paula's Home Cooking, Tyler's Ultimate, Iron Chef America, Heroes, So You Think You Can Dance (even the Canada one is good), Holmes on Homes (a Canada show), ANTM, Ugly Betty, Bones, Jon & Kate + 8, Simply Ming, America's Test Kitchen, House Hunters International and of course the Hills ok and maybe Keeping Up with the Kardashians on occasion. :-)

What do you love to watch on t.v.?

3 comments:

AmShaZam said...

We LOVE the Discovery Channel!! We don't really watch TV at our house, but the Discovery Channel is our rare treat. Did you by chance see Planet Earth when it aired? We bought it and it frequently leaves me in awe and wonder. It also leaves me feeling like we have a great responsibility to protect this beautiful earth and all its forms of life.

Natalie said...

Yaaaay, you have TV! I'm so jealous!!! Hmmm. I've never heard of those Doritos...they sound good though! What a sweet movie, you're right! It's a tear jerker for sure.

Rebecca said...

Randy and I, up until a month ago, only had the super cheap $9 cable so we are watching too much tv right now too. (If that is possible with all the stuff we have going on right now) I love to watch The Office, HGTV, Discovery Channel, the show called Hows it Made, Animals gone wildish shows, pretty much I like having choices now. Randy loves getting the BYU games and we are excited to watch conference on TV and not on our laptop. (oh and you know I like ANTM)