Pages

September 21, 2008

Leaves are falling all around...

It is soooo pretty here right now. I wish it would last. The mornings and evenings are pretty cold but then the afternoon is gorgeous and you have to take off all your clothes--ok maybe not ALL your clothes but you know what I mean. I remember in college, going to school in the morning and it would be soooo cold then by lunch time you'd have to take your layers off. It was such a pain to carry all the extra clothes around. That is what I'm dealing with again except instead of just carrying MY stuff around, I have the girls' clothes also. Anyway, my parents were just here visiting and my mom took some pictures of the city and it occurred to me that I've never done that b/c I'm always thinking of taking pictures of the girls and focusing on getting two pairs of eyes to look at me at the same time. I always love the fall because in California, where I grew up, fall isn't so dramatic. Anyway, enjoy.

City Line


This is a gorgeous park we've recently discovered.


This part of the park reminds us of the Provo River when it gets all fallish and gorgeous. The only thing is that this river is enormous and nobody goes into it either because it is freezing or dirty--or maybe both.




I swear the leaves changed in a matter of one week and now they are all falling and it is sure to be over just as fast. I wish I could freeze this time of year because it is absolutely beautiful.


We continue to be astounded at the difference being above ground makes and having some natural light. Last year, in the basement apt., it was like we didn't even know this season was happening. Maybe we'll like it here afterall. Of course I am saying that before it turns to winter :-)

7 comments:

Diana said...

I love fall too! Those pictures are great. I really like the family pic, you guys are the cutest. And what a cute background! I'm glad you are enjoying fall in Edmonton, we miss you here in Golden.

Marnie said...

Your family picture is fabulous. I know I already said that in my e-mail but it seemed like I should comment on the blog too, even if it's a courtesy comment, like SPL says. love you guys

Natalie said...

Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous there! I'm totally coming to visit some day. Man, I miss fall!!! You look soooo good, there's no way you just had a baby!

Sullivan Family said...

I love your new blog page!! It is so you. Your family picture is so great!! Your girls are sooo pretty!! It is really pretty there. The weather here has been so annoying, one day it is cold (YA!!) then the next it is 85 (yuck) I just LOVE fall weather. GINA

Rebecca said...

I love the new blog look too! Fall won't really happen here for another 3 weeks or so. But it looks gorgeous there. Hearing you Think of the Provo River reminds me of that time that you, Amber, and I went biking and I rode Kaylee into a bush. Yeah, I haven't biked since then.

AmShaZam said...

Oooh- love the blog makeover. It makes me think mine needs a facelift. Fall is my favorite time of the year, too. I just love all those pictures you posted!

AmShaZam said...

And yes Rebecca- biking the Provo River Trail! I totally remember that day! But come on- you got the hang of it as we went along!