Pages

April 26, 2009

Do the Jive, Chloe is Five!!!

Isn't this an awesome picture? This is pretty much what Chloe thought of her whole day. She told me before bed that it was the best day of her life. How can you top a comment like that? :-) She even invented a new word today to describe her birthday, "fabu-awesome-lous". Is this my child, or what? Just for the record I thought it was a fun day too. Chloe had a family birthday this year and will have a friend party next year. We just don't want her to get so caught up in the present part of having a friend party.

We had a fun morning and even had an orientation meeting at her soon to be kindergarten in September. She was pumped to see everything and then when we got there I thought she was going to break my hand she was squeezing it so hard. She didn't have to do any chores today or have a hair-do either which she told me was her favorite part of the whole day. I mean clearing dishes and making your bed are tough!

This is Chloe's room that the "Birthday Fairy" decorated for her. Luckily Chloe's Aunt Carlie in Arizona was able to leave a note for her after Dylan's birthday in February asking her to put us on her birthday routes. It is a tough list to get on seeing as you can't contact her directly. The "Birthday Fairy" comes to your room while you're sleeping and decorates for you on your special day. Lucky that my sister also told the fairy to be careful not to have the same dollar store decorations upstairs as the family had downstairs. Close one.
This is Chloe's "silly" lunch. Let me tell you from many silly lunches, you'd be surprised at how well kids eat when their food looks like something. That is a cake hat with candles that is wearing (got to love Ikea). You wear the hat at each meal of the day.

This is Chloe's awesome cake. I got the idea from familyfun.com. If you don't know about this website, what rock have you been living under? Those were new tassles for her bike but they had to be the mane first. They barely got any frosting on them and easily washed off. I'm sorry but I think this cake looks awesome! I don't have a very good track record with my cakes though. Remember when Greg thought his b-day cake was a tooth? Chloe told me that it looked like a rabbit before it was all fully decorated. Greg thought it was a rabbit for a sec too. Um, hello.
Chloe's favorite present was surprisingly a jump rope. She wants to be a big kid so badly. She was really bummed when she couldn't automatically jump. So we're training her. I did get quite a thrill a few days later when I was able to show off my jumping moves. Texico, Texico, over the hills to Mexico...(we had some extra hands over to turn)I could still even turn around, touch the ground and of course get out of town. Chloe's face was like totally amazed afterward. This concept still trips me out because I just assume she knows me but she only knows me as her mom. When I ask her what my talents are, she just starts listing off cooking and cleaning things. I need to let more of my cool talents out to show her. (insert tear here)

The dinner she requested was: shrimp, rice with soy sauce, and cucumbers with ranch. I thought it sounded like a random combo but it ended up delicious! It was sort of a deconstructed CA roll. Oh and p.s. Here's what Tati thinks of ranch.
"You Americans and your ranch!"

I can't believe she is five. Here are some fun things about our favorite birthday girl.
  1. She is very sensitive. We were watching this movie called, “Nim’s Island” about a lost Daddy and when he comes home at the end she cried "happy tears". Then she told me that she missed her Daddy and wanted to call him. It was so cute. She's very empathetic.
  2. Chloe is an awesome dancer. The coffee table is her stage and she jumps, turns, kicks, poses, etc. We love to watch her in action.
  3. Chloe still pretty much names every character (girl) that she draws a mermaid name. It is usually “Aquamarine”, “Ariel”, or “Cleo”.
  4. Chloe comes up with the most amazing outfits. Her new thing now is layering. My fave was when she layered, leggings, capris and then sweat pants.
  5. Chloe loves to decorate! Whether it is hanging a new picture or getting things out for the holidays. She goes crazy with decorating.
  6. Chloe is so thoughtful. She will leave presents hiding for you either when you come home after a meeting or a long day or if you’re having a rough day she’ll leave a special pony on your bed or anything to make you feel happy.
  7. Chloe loves to role play. Nearly every day she is somebody new. Her favorites are to be Ariel, Gabriella, Darby (from My Friends Tigger and Pooh), June (Little Einsteins--P.S. for Penny, Chloe said in June she will be June for the whole month)and Sophie (from Mamma Mia).
  8. Chloe can now sound words out. We have some magnetic ABC’s and everyday we put up a small word of the day. She hardly needs any help anymore.
  9. Chloe loves to sing! Especially she loves to sing to ABBA and even more specifically she loves to sing to the Mamma Mia album. Her favorite song is “Honey Honey”. The booty shaking combined with the singing is priceless!
  10. Chloe is an amazing big sister. She shares her toys (even new or special ones) with Tati and doesn’t get mad at her sister ever (ok hardly ever). She is patient and loving with her. Chloe said the other day in the bathtub that Tati was her best friend.
  11. Her favorite movie is High School Musical (all of them)!
  12. Her favorite t.v. show is Zaboomafoo.
  13. Her favorite thing to do with Daddy is play play-doh and another is she likes to climb on him.
  14. Her favorite thing to do with Mommy is cooking.
  15. Her favorite food is pizza and hot dogs.
  16. Her favorite dessert is ice cream with whipped cream on top and then cherries, raspberries, and black berries on top (I don’t think we’ve ever eaten this). Oh she informs me that this is what she thinks of every time I say "dessert" but we've never had it before. Geez, already concocting recipes.
  17. Something she’s excited to do when she’s five is go to school.
  18. Her favorite outfit is: “my high school musical shirt and whatever pants I would like".
  19. Her favorite thing to do outside is play in the dirt and spray water and everything else outside that is “Playish” or “playable”.
  20. Chloe is an awesome artist. If you haven't already, you should check out her blog and leave her a comment--except maybe check it out tomorrow as I need to do some scanning and posting there as well.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE! WE LOVE YOU!

4/19/06

4 comments:

Marnie said...

It'll take Penny awhile to realize that Chloe's June this summer. Hopefully Chloe will still respond to "Chloe" when it comes from Penny.

Happy birthday!

Melanie said...

This is from the Wally....
I miss you. When I turn 5 Im going to write some letters and Fax them to you.
Chloe I love you and happy birthday. Your funny on the table. You can't stand on the table.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! I can't believe how fast time flies. She was just a litte tiny thing when we left Utah. I am so glad you have a blog. And speaking of mermaids, have you guys seen the Backyardigans where they are mermaids and divers? It is pretty good. Too bad we don't live closer b/c Chloe and Kaylee would be a trip with all the singing and dancing and crazy clothes. Yay Five!

Samber said...

I guess the Ranch lovin' is genetic! Great record of her big day and a truly inspiring bunny cake! ;)