Pages

July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I'm so happy to be home celebrating this day! I hope all of you are wearing red, white and blue outfits like us!

I know not too many people have flag poles in their front yards but I always have. It is great to hang the flag up and feel like you're really celebrating. Maybe it is because my dad was in the navy or maybe it was because he was an avid scouter or maybe it is because he happened upon a chance to obtain a flagpole but whatever it is I wanted my girls to have the excitement of hoisting their first 4th of July flag together. Enjoy. And check out this link just to make sure you know all the rules to how to hang and treat good Old Glory. (Major pet peeve when people don't.)



HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

4 comments:

Marnie said...

This is Penny's comment: "Oh, look. Chloe's at Ponga's house. I wanna go to Ponga's house and play with the flag, too."

Samber said...

Ummm. . . I checked out the flag etiquette link and rule number 8 was that you should NEVER hoist a flag in your housecoat. I can't believe you broke that one! Good to see that you're enjoying yourself!

Olivia Justine said...

hellllloooo! of course julie would be wearing a housecoat -- aka robe to all the post-1950's people. knowing that you would have been wearing your robe is a huge part of what i love about you julie. robe on blue lady!

ps, the robe honestly made me sad that we missed each other in visits to az.

Natalie said...

Awww, I didn't know you were in the states! I totally would have come to see you! ;) I LOVE the robe...hmmmm, what awesome person gave you that??? Hahaha! We flew a flag in front of our house, too. We were the only people in our entire neighborhood. So sad. Good for you!!!