Pages

March 7, 2010

Pollyanna-ing it up!

We've got exciting news around here. The snow is melting. Just look at my back walk.

This is a few days ago:

This was yesterday:
A heat wave has struck. We've been basking in roaring temperatures in the 40's. I even (gasp) only wore a hoodie one day instead of my giant jacket.

It is hard not to get excited that Spring is here but everybody says it is just a fake out. We've got some snow forecasted for Tuesday. Still, we have been having lots of sun shine into our dining room. At lunch time I sit right in front of the window and just let it shine on my face (blinding me) while we eat lunch. I love that. Sun in my face. Sun on my body. Sun in general. We were trying to take advantage of our sunniest spot in the house for my Pollyanna idea.

I got these baby disco ball Christmas ornaments that we decided to use for non-Christmas stuff. The girls love it. I love it too although, I wish we had some crystals because it would sure be cooler but for what we've got, it is cool enough.

Pollyanna is such a great movie. It was a big part of my childhood. Some important lessons I learned from this flick:
  • Fishing with a rock is not super effective.
  • "Prisms" will paint rainbows on your wall.
  • It is fun to chew your food like a cow.
  • String beans make a fun and very portable snack.
  • Don't try to climb a tree while holding a doll.
  • You can always find something to be glad about. They called it "The Glad Game".
Here's my Glad Game for this week to burn off my Winter Blues:
  1. I'm glad that Tati's accidents that she has are mostly just pees.
  2. I'm glad the stained glass that fell from my kitchen window was only a piece I bought at the thrift store for $3.
  3. I'm glad that my kids eat hummus and like it because I love it.
  4. I'm glad that Greg let's me sleep in as much as he can because he knows that I'm not a morning person.
  5. I'm glad that I've gotten my bootie on my treadmill every day this week and even ran for a bit a few times.
What are you glad for?

3 comments:

Floyd said...

I am glad that you can find so many things to be thankful for and that you do have sunshine in your life.

Marnie said...

That's a shame about the coming snow. I'm trying to imagine myself outside in 40 degree weather with only a hoodie on and I can't picture it. That counts as "freezing" in my brain. I hope you guys stay warm enough through this next cold spell. When does spring really start up there in the great white north.

By they way, I was looking at a map the other day to get the traffic report for Stephan's drive home and just because I was curious, I looked up Edmonton. For some reason, I'm always shocked at how far north you guys are. You're so far away from us, it's crazy!

I'm glad that my children love meat.

I'm glad that Penny's not one of the "cryers" in her ballet class.

I'm glad both girls are napping right now.

Samber said...

I'm glad that this posting was almost free of potty talk. ;)

I'm glad that my husband will be home in 7 days and I can go back to sleeping in.

I'm glad that my kids are so independent.

I'm glad that the sunny U.S. shared Julie with us cold CDNs.