Pages

December 9, 2011

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Gavin got his first big boy hair cut. (Note, we did shave his head when he was a wee babe but that doesn't count.) I'd been working up to it for a while because I knew he needed a haircut and I also knew I didn't really know how to give a cool boy hair cut. Greg just basically always buzzes his hair and my role is usually just the back hair line and around the ears and then the quality control of making sure there aren't any noticeable pieces missed. The problem was that I wanted Gavin to have like a hair style. I was thinking maybe a faux hawk-ish type do. Yeah, my bad.
1. He is a baby and his hair is WAY too fine for that yet.
2. I ain't no hair chick.

Here's the before:

I even had a video chat tutorial via my sister who is a hair chick using my nephew's head and a remote control as the hair clippers. Ha, ha. Yeah, so the situation just all sort of got out of control. Greg wasn't home as he's been pulling crazy hours at school and I knew it was probably as good a time as any so we went for it. The photos are all courtesy of Chloe who I think did a great job.

Here's the during:


And here is the after:

(better pictures of this cutie to come)

1 comment:

Floyd said...

Looks like you did a great job, he is one handsome boy.