While my Mom was here, she decided to help Chloe make her first quilt. It was so awesome. I think Chloe impressed us all with how quickly she caught on. I even let her skip school to get extra time to work on it with Grandma. I got this cheapy machine mostly because it was computerized and because it had speed control. I figured that way I could have the kids help me sew w/o the foot pedal going nuts. Chloe went all the way to the middle speed. It was great. She also really loved spending the time with Grandma and really enjoyed sewing. She's been asking what she is going to make next.
They ran out of time to do the entire quilt together so after Grandma left, it was my turn to help her sew and finish it.
It did take some serious self control not to take the pieces and just sew them all myself but I didn't. I sewed the pink square just to even it all up and then I did the final sewing of the binding. Everything else was Chloe. I'm so proud of her! Keep saving those scraps for us Grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
WOW! I'm impressed, very impressed. The quilt looks great, Chloe. (And I'm impressed with your finishing skills, Ju -- the things I didn't know!).
Post a Comment