Pages

May 23, 2012

Mental Picture

Yesterday was super rainy.  Chloe didn't have school and since Greg worked on the Monday holiday, he was able to get yesterday off.  We decided that even though the weather was gross, we were going to get out and do something fun all together.  Everybody got dressed as waterproof as we could and we headed out.  We decided that we wouldn't take a camera with us because it was so wet and we were just sure it would get ruined.  Unfortunately we had to drop off our minivan to get a flat tire fixed so we somehow crammed all the kids into the back seat of Igor, our "pre" minivan car.  As we drove around super squished, I was reminded of why we wanted a bigger car.  Gavin was clipped into the middle since it only has a lap belt and the two girls filled in around him.  They literally had to tilt their bodies and carseats to the side with the door open so that their little hands could reach down and clip the seat belts.  Then to get out, they had to lean and Greg would reach his sturdy hand down and unclip them.  We laughed because we couldn't believe how ridiculous it was.  Anyway, at some point during the day, Greg had to stop by school because he needed to download some data he had been analyzing off of a lab computer.  I parked in the parking lot.  We didn't know how long we'd have to wait but he told us it would be a while.  Gavin had long since fallen asleep out of pure exhaustion and even though Tati had informed us that she wouldn't be napping at all that day, she had fallen asleep and was completely hunkered over to the side.  Chloe was reading Charlotte's web quietly in the backseat.  The rain was falling steadily and pretty hard so we could hear that on the roof tap, tap, tapping.  I turned around and wanted to fix Tati's neck position so she could be a little bit more comfortable and me and Chloe quietly laughed about how ridiculous she looked.  I folded a towel I found on the floor and made a make shift pillow that I then propped underneath her neck.  Then I just stared at my kids.  There really is nothing like a sleeping child, is there?  So peaceful and so amazing looking.  Chloe and I spent a few minutes talking about how cute they were and suddenly Gavin was having a dream and his breathing got all excited and his little feet started kicking.  It reminded me of my dog when I was little.  We laughed.  Then I tried to adjust Tati's hands because they looked all uncomfortable and skiwompis.  Then we laughed at how her hands just flopped.  Then Chloe commented on how long Gavin's eyelashes are.  They really are and we spent the next 5 minutes talking about eyelashes.  Here is the run down:

Tati has the curliest eyelashes just like her Dad's which I wished for all our kids to get from him.  Even with her blonde hair, her eyelashes are quite dark.  They aren't quite black, but definitely a dark brown.  They are not short but not super long either.  She will never need an eyelash curler and mascara with not be needed although her lashes will at some point look pretty killer with it on.

Chloe's eyelashes are darker than Tati's--bordering on black which always seems more dramatic because her eyes are such a light blue.  Her eyelashes are medium curly--definitely not straight.  She will probably use an eyelash curler on occasion but it won't be a need.  Mascara will also be optional with her.  Chloe has worn make up on Halloween and she looks pretty incredible.  Greg always comments about how it makes him nervous for the teenage years.

Gavin's eyelashes are crazy long.  They are the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a boy--although my Dad has some pretty long lashes too.  Despite Gavin's super blonde hair, his eyelashes are a medium brown color.  He is going to charm some girl with these lashes someday although I foresee a lot of embarrassment when old ladies tell him how beautiful his lashes are and how they wish they had them.  I've always been told my eyelashes are super long.  They are pretty light despite my dark hair and quite straight so I use both an eyelash curler and mascara regularly.  I closed my eyes and asked Chloe to compare whose eyelashes were longer mine or Gavin's and she told me they were the same.  But I'm an adult and he is a kid so maybe that means they will grow more?  I dont' really know how that works. 

It was a great bonding time with me and Chloe.  Simple, doing nothing but having fun together moments.  I loved it.  I wanted to remember it later.  Now if only I had brought my camera, I could've had a picture of this scene in the backseat.  But I didn't.  I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words.

1 comment:

The Stannix's said...

Such a fun moment to remember! Thanks for the awesome mental picture!