It all began when we spent Easter weekend with them on Brenda's parent's ranch. It didn't seem too apparent then but since then, we've all noticed it. But it's starting to get really bad at church. He can be all cranky and making his body twist and throwing food and throwing toys because he hates the world and he hates everything and he hates his family and then a ray of sunshine will appear. Her name is Brenda.
Brenda will look at him and suddenly Gavin is on his best behavior. He'll turn away in a bashful grin. He'll stop throwing food, he'll stop crying and then he'll just start reaching for her. And as soon as Brenda is holding him, he'll cozy up with that blanket that he spit on and he'll either fall asleep or casually and calmly eat a snack that he schmoozes off of her or play with her cellphone or ipod touch which he'll also just casually schmooze off of her.
I can only imagine what it looks like from an outsiders view:
"Wait, is that her kid or the other lady's?"
"Maybe that other lady was babysitting him and then when he got cranky, she gave him back to his mom."
Yeah, nope. I'm the Mom. He does love me but when we're around Brenda, he acts like he loves her more.
Well, lucky for Gavin I like Brenda and I don't mind that he likes her too.
Also lucky for Gavin is that Brenda's real child, Jude (who is like 6 weeks younger than Gavin) doesn't mind sharing his mom and will even throw me a bone sometimes and let me hold him so Gavin can be the only one in Brenda's arms. I wonder if you can guess who is the one pushing Jude off of her.

1 comment:
hahah! Oh, that is too cute!
Post a Comment