Pages

October 15, 2012

Summer Teriyaki Sauce

I'm just going to keep going on my condiment post list for my birthday post. 

It was a day full of things that I love.  We spent the whole morning yard saling.  We loaded the kids up into the car and just drove around going from sale to sale to sale.  We scored a bunch of awesome canning jars and also some misc. kids toys.  The thing with the toys is they are sometimes old and crappy but they provide weeks to months of entertainment for our kids and then we just donate them to the thrift store so they can be recycled to another home and some other kids.

Greg was able to get us a reservation at a Japanese restaurant for lunch.  It was so fun because the tables look like they are built into the floor.  The food was delicious and the girls were having so much fun but then Gavin turned into a terror.  He was climbing on the table, trying to push down the paper screen divider to the next booth and was determined to spill the soy sauce everywhere so he eventually had to be removed from the establishment (by his Daddy).  Us girls lingered a bit just talking and eating more.  Chloe told me that she LOVES Japanese food.  We had to convince Tati to try bits of the food and she would only eat the chicken with her eyes closed b/c she said it looked gross.  Hopefully she'll move past pb&j sandwiches at some point--or so I'm hoping.

We had strawberry shortcake for my cake with real whipped cream (of course) and I accidentally made too much pound cake so I had to continue eating my cake for 2 days.  Woops.

It was great.  Chloe made me a rock with my name on it and Greg and the kids made me a beautiful birthday sign.


Chloe decorated the "L" with rainbows.  She said that was special for me.  Rainbows are still rainbows for her.  Sad that they won't always just be rainbows.  Greg bought me a camera bag.  He gave me the disclaimer that he was pretty sure I wanted a different bag but he bought that one because he wanted to have an actual present as proof that he had thought ahead.  We ended up taking it back and not finding the one we like yet but I have a camera bag coming as soon as I find one I like.

I'm such an old lady but my kids and husband made me feel super important and young.

No comments: