Pages

October 2, 2008

Double Time Annette



So I go to this community aerobics class held in the basement of this random church. It is filled with a wide array of women of different ages and different bodies. I swear it is like an episode of Seinfeld in there. I can just picture Elaine making comments or going home and talking to Jerry and George about all the characters in this class. Normally, I stay on the right side with the other "young" people that I know and that told me about the class to begin with but unfortunately I was running late this week and ended up in the middle next to "Double Time Annette". I'd heard about "Double Time" before and of course she does stand out because whatever the teacher tells us to do, she does two or four. Whatever speed the teacher does anything (even stretches--which I'm pretty sure is bad for her) Annette is faster, bigger, stronger. From my side of the room, I would only notice Double Time when we would like rotate around the world. But this week, I was directly behind her. I mean directly. It was intense. I mean, here I was trying to figure out the aerobic line dance that Joyce my teacher was talking us through all the while Double Time is well double timing the line dance. Plus, it, isn't like she's super coordinated or super quick at catching onto things either so she was just kind of trying to catch onto the routine but at the same time she can't let anybody else be faster than her. So it was making me laugh but I couldn't really like fully laugh because she was RIGHT in front of me. So I'm holding in my laugh, mesmorized by her double time-ness, trying to listen to the teacher, trying to aerobics line dance AND trying not to look at any of my friends at the same time. I got a really great abs work out though. See how it sounds like an episode from Seinfeld? Don't you wish you were here? I wonder what secret nicknames people give me.

1 comment:

Diana said...

That sounds so funny! I wish I could come to your class!