- I had a Gabriela mermaid dream (mixing HSM with mermaids?!). She also mentioned to me that in HSM4, Troy and Gabriela would have Halloween. :-)
- Unicorns
- Pegasus ponies
- Jasmine dress-up
- Ariel bride dress
- Sleeping Beauty bride dress
- Sleeping Beauty blue dress
Then we went down to breakfast where her Daddy had prepared her special breakfast surprise. You see (warning: we are ghetto parents. W.T. story to follow), she's been pining after this turtle stuffed animal for a couple of months at the Goodwill. Yes, the thrift store. They sell all these beanie babies. Though the idea of buying a "stuffy" (stuffed animal) from the thrift store SHOULD gross you out. I'll admit, it is a kind of gross idea but at this "fancy" store, they have a beanie baby section for collectors and all the beanies still have tags (like brand new tags) and look really new. I'm no idiot, I know if the beanie baby was made in 2000, it has dust build up to say the least so I always make sure that we machine wash it before she can play with it. You're probably thinking pretty much for every little kid, the last thing they need is another stuffy, however, Chloe actually really does play with every single one she owns. Every couple months, her Daddy (Mr. De-clutter) weeds out another gross stuffy that she either doesn't like anymore or is just isn't cute or clean enough to save for her baby sis. And beanie babies really are cute as far as stuffed animals go. Do I sound like I'm justifying buying it at the thrift store? Anyway, so I digress...
A few months ago, she found a turtle one and upon further investigation his name was "Peekaboo". He just conveniently happened to be orange and green. We let her walk around with it for a while and look through the whole section of beanies and then Daddy told her she couldn't get any more because she didn't need any more. It was true and this was a common occurrence from each time we go but this time it was all a ploy. He secretly bought Peekaboo and told me it would be the perfect gift for Halloween morning. The whole way home Chloe was talking about saving up her money for Peekaboo and how we needed to hurry and come back and buy him so he wasn't lost forever. The next time we went, weeks later, she runs over to the beanie baby section and is heart broken that Peekaboo was gone. Unbeknowgst to her...
So now Halloween morning.
Greg puts Peekaboo inside her cereal bowl with a card. She wakes up and he keeps telling her to "Go downstairs and get ready for breakfast". Suddenly she wants to hang out upstairs and watch Tati get her diaper changed. When we finally all head down together as a family, she sees Peekaboo, screams, and starts to hug him. We look at her and she is actually and literally tearing up. She says, "Oh Mommy, you got me Peekaboo. I'm having happy tears." It was so cute and so sweet. My poor w.t. daughter who cries at getting a thrift store stuffy. I guess we should revel in the fact that she has such low expectations--sure makes our job easier.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(I'll post some costume pics tomorrow. I hope you all will too.)
(I'll post some costume pics tomorrow. I hope you all will too.)

1 comment:
What a cute story. I don't think there's anything better than the look on a kid's face when they're truly surprised.
Post a Comment