I've been explaining to Chloe today about the elections in the U.S. and what voting is and why it is so important and how we always want people to vote for good things and so on. So tonight before we had our night time prayer I asked her to please remember the voters just like we've been talking about all day. Here's how it went:"Heavenly Father, please bless the motors tonight that are motoring in the world and that they'll motor really good and choose good decisions to choose."
It wasn't really what I expected her to say but it was so sincere. We'll find out soon if it worked. So all you back in the mother land, hope you all motored today.

4 comments:
I'm sure you've heard the election results. Proof that the Second Coming is getting closer. I'm going to try to go to bed...the thought of Obama is giving me diarrhea. Maybe Canada isn't so bad after all, heh?
Carlie and your Mom with their Obama diarrhea. I say, "Bring it on, Obama." I secretly can't wait to see what he thinks he'll change. Not that I'm a Bush fan (even if we are both from Midland, TX) or even a McCain fan but I'm skeptical about what the president really does. He's got a whole staff of people who know/do more than him. Politicians are worthless, it seems.
At least Prop 8 was passed here in California. Maybe it won't be such a bad place to come home to after all, if you don't end up in Peoria.
So, with the U.S. economy in the crapper, Jeff and I have been talking about gathering our assets and moving to ol' Canada for a while- you know, until things get settled here. What would you say to some new neighbors?
I love Chloe's motoring prayer. I just don't think kids can grasp politics because it defies all easy "right and wrong" binaries. For Elaina and Carter's take on politics, you can visit my blog.
Ha ha ha, if only we had more sincere prayers like hers! It's so funny how everyone is now talking about moving to Canada. Just look what you started! You knew what was coming all along, didn't you!!! Now, why didn't you share your little secret with us? Sheesh.
By the way, I love your new curtains in the kitchen and rug in the living room! Your new place looks so cute! It seriously made me Melton homesick. :)
Tell Chloe hello for us! I need to get your address and phone number so Whitney and Chloe can keep in touch!
Post a Comment