Pages

October 15, 2011

Family Service Project

Our ward (group) at church organized a big city wide service project collecting food for the Food Bank.  Each family was given a route to put flyers and then we were also in charge of picking up all the food that was donated from our area and take it to the church to be loaded in a big truck and delivered to the food bank.

Greg jogged around a few days before delivering the flyers.  He really enjoyed it.  He said it gave him flashbacks from when he was little and had his paper route.  (He had his first route at age 8.  Crazy.)

Anyway, a few days later, we loaded the family up and drove around like a candy man and picked it all up.  Chloe was even allowed to go outside with Greg and run to the doorsteps and carry things back to the car.
This picture is so trippy because they have the EXACT SAME WALK! Ha, ha! She totally has his legs.

Look at how much fun Chloe is having!


I'm not going to lie, I had a ton of fun being the get-away driver too.


I love doing service as a family.  It makes you feel connected and happy.  It's especially great to do service at holiday times but I hope we can look for other opportunities as our family grows up to do things like this again.

No comments: