Pages

October 10, 2008

Before & After

You ever notice how every time you see a "Before" picture, the person looks all sad and the lighting is like awful and then for the after, they have a smile, make-up and great lighting? That is especially true for those mineral make-up infomercials (Maybe ProActive is the worst). Well, this one wasn't really planned but it turned out great that way. Chloe just had her first, real haircut. By real, I mean she actually went to a hair place. Previously in her life, either I'd trim it or my sister did it. I had been telling her for a while that she needed a trim because her hair was taking over our lives. She woke up ratty and unless there was some major hair-do intervention (which we regularly scheduled), she looked like a coo-koo bird. She was a little resistant to the idea because as all the disney movies will tell you, princesses have LONG hair. So I was surprised when she approached me randomly one day and said, "Ok, Mom let's get my hair cut today." We talked about how much we could cut off and she said she didn't want it shorter than her shoulders. So off we went. She was so cute and so grown up about it. She was just chit chatting away with the hair cutter guy about her Halloween costume and how even though her hair will be to her shoulders she'll still be a princess and how now she can look like Nancy Drew because she is a detective and super sleuth too [I watched the new teenie Nancy Drew movie and she actually watched it with me. If you know Chloe you know that is a major shocker. We also recently found this cartoon with Christopher Robins little sister, Darby, who is a super sleuth with Tigger and Pooh. She's got her detective kit (a magnifying glass and pretend camera) and just goes around "investigating" everything and looking for clues. It is fun. Honestly it is a nice break from ponies and princesses.

The Before:


And the After:



Her hair is so bouncy and fun now. I can just brush it and it falls all perfectly. Plus, with the new layers, it awakened all her cute little waves.

6 comments:

Sullivan Family said...

Darling!! about using products in my hair, I HATE product, always have but people keep telling me to use it, so occasionally I use pamade (i am sure I spelled that wrong) and Yes I straighten my hair every day!! and when you do that you need to put a protectant on you hair to keep it from getting split ends etc... I use aveda spray and shine that both protects it and gives is shine. Does my hair really look that good?? I guess all the time I spend on it pays off after all. Good luck. (sometimes I seriously want to just shave my head...hey if you ever want to let me know and we can do it together!!) GINA

Teresa said...

Dave and I LOVE Chloe's haircut!! SHE IS SUCH A CUTE KID!! Seriously, you guys make beautiful babies!!

Rebecca said...

You're right. The before is cute, but in the after she looks so spunky. What a cute kid! I like the new cut.

Diana said...

So cute! Love the new haircut!

Marnie said...

I know I've asked this before but does Greg have curly hair?

Julie said...

Greg does have somewhat curly hair when it grows out. His sister also has wavy hair. So yes, it is in the gene pool.