Pages

October 26, 2008

Halloween Service



I had to teach Sharing Time today and made these ghosts for the kids to take home. If any of you are looking for a fun FHE idea. I read this story and made a little activity to go with it. Here's the story: Mysterious Visitors
And above is the picture I used.

Oh and here's the little saying I put with the ghosty. (Thanks Melis)
Making others happy is so much fun. The Service Phantom is on the run. He stopped here to say “Boo”! Now it’s your turn to do it too.
Love, The Service Phantom

Here are the pumpkin cakes we made.
We've started a new tradition to use these cute little bundts as baby pumpkins. I got this rad baking tin from Goodwill of all places (brand new!). It is Wilton brand.
The frosting we used this year was homemade and way too warm so they ended up a little drippy. The store bought kind is the best and if you can chill them for a bit and then get a toothpick and emphasize the bundt lines, it really does look like a pumpkin. Honestly though, if somebody dropped these at my house I would definitely NOT eat them, but we all had fun and it was a good lesson on service.



P.S. Love these baby bundts. 1/3 c. of batter in each pumpkin. One pkg. of cake mix makes 12 pumpkins. Love, Julie

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love them! I Love the Celery for the stem How cute. I made Wally a pumpkin cake for his b-day and was struggling to find something to make a stem. I finally took tootsie rolls and molded them and stuck them in the fridge to harden then stuck them on top. It turned out real cute if you are interested in a sweet alternative but I like the celery.