Pages

October 29, 2008

HSM-3

Tonight Chloe and I went on a Mommy/Daughter date to see High School Musical 3. Here are some pics of us before we left (don't mind my "bangs").


It was so fun! She was so excited all day and picked out her HSM t-shirt that she also decided to sleep in it.

I was worried that she'd fall asleep because the movie started at 7 and her bedtime is usually 7 so I made her take a nap this afternoon whilst I ate ice cream in 2 children taking a nap heaven. Anyway, I digress. Here were some highlights and low lights.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • When Troy and Gabriela kiss (gasp is that a spoiler?), she leans over to me and says, "Mom, they're getting married huh?"
  • About 1/2 way through the movie she asked me if she could sit on my lap.
  • When Gabriela and Troy are dancing on the roof (gasp, another spoiler?!), she's smiling and eyes all lit up. Then she leans over and says, "Mom, I LOVE THIS movie! Do you think we can come again?!"
  • About 3/4 of the way through she says, "I miss Daddy and Tati. Next time we watch this movie, let's bring them."
  • We shared a Kit Kat and some Rollos.
  • She brought her little stuffed animal turkey, "Lurkey" for all the "scary parts" and afterward told me how much Lurkey LOVED the movie. She also mentioned how she should always watch movies with Lurkey so she won't be scared.
  • Gabriela and Troy's waltz on the roof-- it was like every girl's dream sequence.
  • It's like a Disney version of Grease and who didn't/doesn't love Grease? It was even complete with hooplah ending. Loved it!
LOWLIGHTS:
  • Is it me or was Gabriela like wearing nighties the whole movie? Every time she was dancing in her mini-dresses I was like, "Oh please have like biker shorts on or something." And speaking of low, how low could her v-neck go? Luckily Chloe didn't seem to notice. Not so Disney--then again with Britney's sister getting pregnant and Miley bearing it all, that definition is sure changing.
  • Troy's dad's hair. Trying way too hard.
  • The rocket kid. Was he annoying or what?
  • Sharpay in her white leotard. Something about it made me feel uncomfortable. Was it just me?
We had a fantastic time. Her favorite parts were "When Troy and Gabriela were having a little date in the tree house and when Troy and his friend were playing pretend at the gas station." Today all the pretending Chloe has done has been with Troy and Gabriela. Gabriela was a mermaid stuffed animal and Troy was Lurkey of course and they went dancing, to prom, etc. It is really cute. The dialogue is classic too. She is such a girly girl and we love her so much! Oh, and we bought our tickets on line and because we did that (with no service charge), we got a coupon to download two songs from the movie for free. Might want to check it out if you haven't gone already. Chloe picked, "The Boys are Back", and "High School Musical" (of course).

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

(So, no pintos in this movie?) Your comment cracked me up!

Kaylee is just itchin' to go see it. She has to have three great weeks at school since it is HSM THREE. Yeah, I'm cool like that!

Carlie said...

I was going to call you yesterday and ask about the movie. It's funny how all into romance Chloe is. I can just imagine her watching it. Even Hallie had a gleam in her eyes during some parts of the movie. I kept looking at her and thinking how much she was loving it. I totally thought of "Grease" also. Good times....

Carlie said...

P.S- I didn't even notice the outfits. Except for the white bathing suit/leotard thing. I was just thinking that she weighs like 73 pounds or something. Great hair, though.

Melanie said...

I think that it is so cute that all of your "Highlights" are about Chloe and how cute she was, how excited she was, What she said. what a cute mom you are to take your daughter out and just enjoy her. I love ya!
I have not seen one of these HSM movies. Is that cuze I'm a boy mom?
I better jump on the band wagon and see what your talking about. If Chloe likes them, I know I will.