Pages

November 3, 2011

Costume Parade

I remember how fun it was to dress up for school in my costume when I was little. The kids are only allowed to wear their costumes for part of the day here. I get it but at the same time it makes it a bit crazy for the kids to put all their gear on alone. We've decided to have Chloe just come home for lunch, get dressed and then go back to school in her costume. It makes it so much easier. Anyway, after all the kids get dressed up, they go to the gym for a big costume parade. It happened to fall right at nap time so my crowd was a little touchy but overall they had a great time. Anytime Tati can hang out with the big kids, it makes her day. And Chloe is always so good at making her feel big and included. She sat next to Chloe with her class:

And even walked the stage with her. It was so cute. Tati was actually a little timid, which is so unlike her, but when it was all over, she was SO happy. Chloe was pretty stoked that Madam was dressed up like a pirate too although she divulged that she thought her own costume was much better.

There were claps and cheers throughout based on the age of the students and their various costumes but the person that got the most applause was the janitor, Mr. Manny. Chloe calls him the "guy who cleans up the school". It was so cute to me, and heart warming, how every kid just LOVED him. Chloe said he's really nice and funny and he always gives the kids a high five. The kids lined the catwalk with their hands up to get a slap from him. I'm sure Mr. Manny didn't aspire to be a school janitor but he sure has made a great and positive impact on these kids and I, for one, was really touched.

I didn't dress up just because I ran out of time. And Gavin didn't wear his parrot outfit but he did wear a pumpkin costume. This was his spare that I bought for $2 at Dollarama. It was pretty cute but he hated it too. Let's hope that he'll grow into dressing up.


And here's one of Chloe at her classroom party right after the parade. Guess that wig didn't last long.

No comments: