Pages

November 4, 2011

Matchy Matchy

It is funny to me how many people from our college ward still have so much in common with us. I like it. It is fun to peek in on the lives of old friends and acquaintances. One of the things I like to see is when other families do themes whether it be from fun colors in family photos to Halloween costumes. It is something I like to do but I'm not going to lie, it takes a lot of work (sometimes too much). This last Sunday, I had the girls dress in their "Halloween Church Outfits". Does that seem so oxymoron or what? I loved it though and started thinking that maybe I should start a holiday hair clips collection for them.

Obviously we were going for purple and black.

P.S. Isn't that such a cute witch painting? My friend Jeanette loaned it to us for our party. We named her Ruby.



So did you Halloween dress up for church?

2 comments:

mel spen said...

No dressing up for us... I just can't seem to get that together. You're girls look adorable and I love the hair - nice job, super mom!

mel spen said...

Yesterday when I was getting ready for church I remembered that on that Sunday before Halloween that I had contemplated wearing a kind of burnt orange sweater I have and usually like. But on that day, it's vertical line detail - kind of a knitted in detail - made me look a little too much like a pumpkin, not a look I was going for. I considered for Halloween, curring some jack-o-lantern features out of paper to attach to the sweater and embrace the pumpkin look as a costume - but I think my self-esteem that day for some reason couln't handle it and then I thought any hope of wearing that sweater for reals would be lost. - so there's that for my attempt to dress up